mk2 / seat cordoba parts

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Technical Queries' started by pipster, Jan 10, 2010.

1. pipster Forum Member

My MK2 8v Jetta gti is officially dead so I have bought a little Seat Cordoba SX coupe to knock around in.
    Just wondering which parts off the Jetta could be fitted to the Cordoba.
    Particularly:

Lowering springs? (got nearly new Weitec -60 front,-40 rears on the jetta) the cars are the same weight , just wondering if the shocks/spring plates are the same?

Brakes? (don't know what size the cordoba has yet....it's only a 1.6)

Rear discs setup?

Cheers:thumbup:

2. nealey Forum Junkie

What year is the cordoba and the engine code?

looking at etka i think your front brakes will be 239mm and could be either solid or vented, you will be able to upgrade to the vented discs if your car has solids but if it already has vented discs your 8v gti ones will be the same unless you had upgraded them.

If your brakes are solid you only need to change over the pads and discs as the calipers will be the same

Pretty sure you will be ok on the suspension as well as the top mounts are the same and the hubs are the same

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  3. pipster Forum Member

The Cordoba is a 96 SX ,1.6 AFT crossflow thing (suprisingly nippy:thumbup: )
    Turns out the fronts are vented 256mm anyway so thats sorted!

I'll be trying the springs anyway, I agree, should be OK ....when it gets a bit warmer though!!!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  4. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Cordoba shares it`s platform (and most of it`s parts) with the 6n Polo Saloon.