MK2 VR6 conversion won't start!

Discussion in 'VR5, VR6 & Wx' started by t111bul, Jan 3, 2009.

1. t111bul Forum Member

Hi,

I ment the perminet live that goes to Y1. Any way i managed to get the car to start after alot of messing around, it just won't run now it just starts then stops. Nearly there though>

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

that sounds liek the immobilisor is kicking in, what you need to do now is get it on VAG-COM :)

3. t111bul Forum Member

I have removed the imobiliser from my car as it was just ****! The donar car was a 1993 K reg so it shouldn't have an imobiliser. The N80 valve clicks when the car runs, it's only conected to the inlet manifold but i don't know what the other end should be connected to?

4. dazza23 Forum Member

is there air being drawn in through the inlet other than the trottle body if so this will cause it to stall have u got a pick of your engine bay that u can post
    do u mean the pcv valve is oly conntected to the throttle body and rockercover and nowere else my advice would be get rid of the valve and block the hole or use this vacumn from the throttle body to power your brake servo

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  5. dazza23 Forum Member

also block the hole in the inlet pipe

6. t111bul Forum Member

One end of the valve is just hanging in the engne bay. It's the EVAP valve, i'm pretty sure i should have a EVAP canister but i ahven't got one!

7. dazza23 Forum Member

remove that vavle ull be drawing air in after the afs causing it to stall then put a filter on the rocker cover and blank off the throttle body bit and itll tick over

8. t111bul Forum Member

Thanks Dazza, I can't wait to get home so i can drive the car for the first time since the conversion:)

9. shane d Forum Member

Any joy???

10. t111bul Forum Member

I work in France so i won't be able to see if it works till next Saturday.

11. t111bul Forum Member

Right i'm back, The car now starts and runs for about 10-15 seconds then cuts out. Then you go to start it again and it turns over alot then starts and stops straight away! The you leave it for a bit and it will do the running for 10-15 seconds then dies again!!! It's like it's noty getting enough fuel?

12. t111bul Forum Member

I've fixed it[:D] [:D] [:D] It actually runs. It turns out it was my ecu relay, i had another one laying around so i swoped it over and it ran ok. Now just to tidy enverything up and take it for a spin:)

13. dazza23 Forum Member

nice one :thumbup: