mk3 16v anniversary

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by northeastdub, Jul 17, 2008.

1. northeastdub New Member

Hi Everyone,just Bought A Mk3 16v Anniversary And After A Little Info.does The 16v Have The Red Gti Badge Above It On The Tailgate,right Hand Side.also,anyone Got One To Sell,can You Still Get The Plastic Sill Trim Covers.would Love To See Some Members Annis ,get Posting.cheers,dave.:lol:

2. Alan Forum Member

welcome to the forum. Not got a clue about the badges but i'm sure someone will be along to help you out.
    Is the mk3 your first golf?
    You got any pics of you car to put up?

3. northeastdub New Member

No,had Another Mk3 ,2 Mk2 16v Golfs,2 8v Gtis,mk4 Petrol Gti And Currently Mk4 Gttdi 150 And The Anniversary Which Is A Little Bit Of A Project.cheers,dave.

4. Golf Ray

Golf Ray Forum Member

5. kerrly Forum Member

Hello an welcome.

YOu have a mk3 16v anniversary - if its a 3dr then thats a nice find. i have searched for one to.. anyway the spec:-

The MK3 Golf 20th Anniversary was introduced in 1996 as a special edition version of the MK3 Golf, celebrating 20 years of Golf production. The MK3 Anniversary came in 3 flavours. The 8v, 16v and in Europe a 110Tdi version, showing that VW weren't afraid to put a 'sports' diesel in the range. VW brought 750 Anniversary models into the UK of which only 150 were the 16v version. 5 colours were available in 3 or 5 door guise.

Key features
    16" BBS RX split rims with 215/40 16 tyres. Red brake calipers. New front spoiler. Red pinstripe on bumpers. Chrome exhaust tailpipes. Sports seats with GTI logo. Alloy gearknob. Red detailing on seat belts, steering wheel and handbrake. Silver dials and single Sony CD player

The red 16v badges you describe sound like the standard ones which all 16v have so inless you have the items above then you may have a normal 16v - which isnt a bad thing!

get some pics up!!!!!!

dave

ps in the future, You Do Not Need A Capital Letter At The Beggining Of Every Word. I know it sounds picky but it does make typing easier for you and easier for us to read.

6. ^neo^ Forum Junkie

I've just got hold of an 8v one. Gearbox is pretty rough, and it conked out on me tonight, but apart from that it's pretty tidy!
    What engine is in yours? ABF?
    Thinking about chucking a valver in it to give it a little more grunt

7. northeastdub New Member

yes it is a 3dr in flash red.just bought it off ebay the other day.excellent little project,needs the wheels refurbishing,interior valet,new plastic sill trims and a good machine polish.just been stripping out the front seats tonight and the old mobile phone kit.the car itself is very good with just two owners from new and a wad of history and bills.it does not have the sunroof or aircon which makes it even rarer apparentley.drove it home 30 miles on wed.night with no problems,started it up from cold when i got in the following night from work and is sweet as a nut.i am doing the jobs on it over the next few weeks and hopefully use it a bit then probably put it up for sale in september time as i am wanting a mk 1 gti project.anyone looking for one of these anniversary models and doing a bit more work to show then this is ideal.if anyone has any questions please ask.cheers,dave.