Mk3 Angel Eyes

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by mr.brown, Nov 11, 2003.

1. mr.brown

mr.brown Paid Member Paid Member

Just ordered mine from R&A. FK Powerlook with Angel Eyes. Niiiiiiice.

[​IMG]

Will post pix as soon as I get em on.

2. binliner Forum Member

they the ones in this months golf?

3. mr.brown

Dunno. It's been a few months since I bought a VW mag - too much temptation.......but I did have a look on their site - if it's the lights on the yellow car then, no, I think they're the In.Pro "R32"look ones.

4. vrPat Forum Member

They look alrite but they do look a bit wierd with the big rings - Can you get them with the indicator / sidelight a la mk4 style? Keep meaning to get mine done ;)

Are they RHD as well mr.brown?

cheers, Pat

5. MK3_GPP Forum Member

They do look good,

I approve [:D]

6. MarkGolf Forum Member

They're cool!
    I was gonna get them, but can only find them in LHD..

I'm waiting for the In-Pro ones as the rings are slightly smaller.. and the inner rings are smaller than the outer which is what I want [:D]

7. mr.brown

Yeah, I was a bit worried about the rings but the way it's designed means you don't see the whole of the inner ring (in a bad boy/boser stylee )so they don't look so bad.

I think you're referring to the In.Pro lights that Mark has mentioned. I quite like those as well but couldn't find a retailer in the UK - oh well, there's next month I suppose.

The word from most retailers is that there are no plans to make either lights in RHD but then, they would say that wouldn't they?

GSF Mk4 look anyone?

8. MarkGolf Forum Member

They'll definetly make them in RHD!

The original mk4 look lights were only in LHD for like a year, then they made them in RHD!!

9. StefanVW Forum Member

did you see ones on the red mk3 at no-rice Mark? They looked like a diy job with LEDs put in mk4 style lights - looked quited good IMO.

10. mr.brown

Not Mark, but they were from Eurotek apparently.

I've just got mine on but the main beam bulb socket is different. Instead of being smaller than dipped bulb with only one connector, it's the same size with a two-pin connector.

Could someone tell me what bulb I need to get?

Also, FK provide an uprated loom and relays (but no instructions) - will I need to connect this up to power the bigger bulbs?

Many thanks.

11. mr.brown

Finally got them on

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. StefanVW Forum Member

they look very nice... I think I want some now!

13. Golfgirl Forum Member

They look VERY good Mr Brown! [:^:]

14. b'locks Forum Addict

i like them a lot....if i only i hadn't just bought mk4's :(

15. Wee Marky New Member

I Like Alot Mr Brown

Marky.........

16. mr.brown

Cheers guys, thanks for the +ve responses

So had I. One pair of Mk4-looks soon to appearing on an auction site near you.

17. gti3_20 Forum Member

I prefer the mk4 look to be honnest, no offence ment anyone

18. M111VR6 New Member

Looking Good, Have yours got a black background? I want to get some but want the Chrome look background, do you know if they make them or do they only come in black?
    Cheers :)

19. vrPat Forum Member

Yep they do look nice I must admit, I thought they looked a bit strange in the other pic, they looked too close together, and a bit on the large side. Nice work mr.brown you are building what is going to be one smart mk3!!!

20. mr.brown

M111,

Mine do indeed have a black background (pix are a bit crappy) and they are available in black,chrome or blue background. I got mine from www.ra-design.co.uk but anyhone that does FK products should be able to get hold of them. One word of warning though, these are not LED angel eyes, but are actually light diffusers powered by several small side-light bulbs.

VRPAT

Cheers mate. Still can't decide on "the look" yet so probably some more chopping and changing to do.