MK3 Golf GTI 16V :)

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by RoryH, Sep 11, 2011.

Tags:
  1. RoryH Forum Member

Iv had my new MK3 for a couple of months now and have decided to start a thread for her,

Here she is when i picked her up back in May bog standard, paintwork is brilliant and a really glossy black and has virtually no rust on her unlike my previous MK3 which was dying of leprosy (ha).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wasted no time in buying a much needed front 16v badge as it dident come with one and i though the front looked a bit bland, dubmeister pressed plates and also replaced the original splitter (Below)

[​IMG]

With a VR6 front splitter

[​IMG]

Decided to get some bonnet lifters because iv always wanted a set, and for 12 off of ebay you cant really go wrong (although german fitting instructions are slightly confusing)

[​IMG]

I was reading up on some of the treads on here about tuning chips for the ABF and decided to buy a chip off of ebay because they arent all that expensive.

I originally thought i would have to unsolder the old chip and then solder in a jumper to put the new chip in, but luckily i have a siemens ECU which means that you just pop the old chip out and push the new one in (Result).

Once id refitted the ECU i have to say there is a noticable difference in throttle responce, and i ran a 0-60 app before and after the chip in the same place and the car clocking in at 7.9 seconds (compared to 8.2 before the chip was installed) which im pretty darn happy with even though the app probobly isent that accurate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally bought some coilovers for her and insted of buying god awfull JOM's like i had for my old car i forked out the extra cash for some KW V1's Basics (the galvanised now stainless ones) but iv made extra sure to grease them good to try and extend thier life.

[​IMG]

Got round to fitting them

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And took them down around 60mm and was planning on taking them lower but i think they are fine the way they are as i havent had any problems yet with the tyres rubbing or them bottoming out over speed bumps so im going to leave them where they are (At least until i get some new wheels).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers,

Rory ;)

2. BISSONE Forum Member

Nice MK3 matey, Better than my rust bucket lol. What wheelsyou planning on?

3. pascal77uk Paid Member Paid Member

Mk3's look better all the time. Nice example.

4. RoryH Forum Member

Cheers mate, and btw i did have a look at your mk3 a while back and i actually believe mine was worse! my whole floorpan was FUBAR and cost me 200 quid to get through the MOT and even then it shouldent have gone through so i feel your pain! :'(

And wheelwise im thinking either polished audi pepperpots or porsche teledials, what wheels do you think suit MK3's that dont look like there out of halfrauds?

Cheers,

Rory

5. jimmy_mack_attack Forum Member

nice mk3, ive toyed with the idea of getting one myself with them been a bit more up to date then a mk2! but i just cant give up the mk2! some bbs split rims or lenso type, or even mono blocks would really suite in my opinion! :thumbup:

6. BISSONE Forum Member

Yeah mines like swiss cheese at the mo just trying to find the time and money to sort it out, got a baby due in less than two weeks and trying to buy our own house lol! I must admit like jimmy mack attack said some BBS splits are always a winner, just come with a good price tag dont they, im thinking of getting some banded steelies on mine when i get to that point, quite like the look of these:
    [​IMG]

7. RoryH Forum Member

Yeah i think banded steelies look awesome although they do sell for around 600 odd quid, which is quite a bit considering you can buy a brand new set of Lenso BSX's or Calibre Vintages for that. Im probobly going to go for a set of audi pepperpots just because of how cheap they are (250 for a set of freshly polished ones) and then spend the extra cash on a set of nice tyres so i can think of doing some track days :d

8. RoryH Forum Member

So yeah... Scrap the above comments i went and got some banded steels in the end! so fair shout Bissone!.

They came in cream but theve been redone in white, they are standard VW 5x100 steels and i believe they came off of a beetle, the fronts are standard 16 x 6.5j and the rears are banded out by 2" to 8.5j ;).

[​IMG]

Il try and get some nice pics when i get a chance!

9. BISSONE Forum Member

Mate seriously jelous lol, how much they set u back if u dont mind me asking?
    Fair play to u.

10. RoryH Forum Member

Got them for 400 quid off of a bloke on Edition 38, although for 400 quid i did get a spare tyre for the front and a set of 4x100 to 5x100 adapters and polished bolts to go with (which i dident actually need but im going to sell on).

So a reasonable price i guess because a set with the rears banded usually go for about 400 quid ;) although i would love to have them to be banded all round i dont want to think how much it'd cost (average price to get two steels banded out by 2" is 300 quid).

11. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

It looks the bollox with them on!!!

12. RoryH Forum Member

Cheers man ;)

13. RoryH Forum Member

Okay then, finally got some nice pictures of the car on the Santa Cruz this year (which no-one else from bristol turned up to..)

Oh yeah and i got round to fitting an uber cool red pinstripe which i personally think improves the look of the whole car ;)

Here they are (Courtesy of aTHOMPSONs PHOTOGRAPHY):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. RoryH Forum Member

15. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Change the wheels mate, I dont think it will sell with them on it.

16. RoryH Forum Member

Its up with an option of either the steels or the standard wheels

17. moakesy12

moakesy12 New Member

I've got exactly the same car, yours looks a very nice example! I was considering getting my plastic arches and bumper strips colour coded like yours it looks a lot better! I'm new to the forum so gonna get some pics up of mine asap :)

18. RoryH Forum Member

Car is now sold!, left the club gti sticker in though so hopefully the guy will come and join up!