Mk3 golf remote central locking, best option?

Discussion in 'Security' started by Steve B, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Steve B Forum Junkie

just aqied a mk3 golf, it has central locking but not on a remote, whats the best option, is it just replace the drivers motor with a kit?

or is there an oem option?

2. there is no oem option but you can buy a laserline 210 remote central locking up grade kit
    this is easy to fit and then gives you remote central locking

3. Supercharged Forum Member

There is an OEM option and it's a doddle to fit - 1H0054640B

Will fit any MK3 with central locking

Used to be about 65 + vat from VW if it's still available?

4. just google that part number
    Home VOLKSWAGEN GOLF Cabrio Komfort + Schutz

Komfort-Fernbedienung nur mit
    Bestellen
    Menge:

inkl. MwSt. zzgl. Versandkosten
    ArtikelNr.: 1H0054640B

EUR 150.00

Produktbeschreibung
    Komfort-Fernbedienung mit Wechselcode zur Ansteuerung der Zentralverriegelung und
    Komfortschliessung sowie optional der Blinker.

Einfache Montage durch fahrzeugspezifischen Kabelsatz.

Komplett mit Steuergert, zwei Handsendern, Kabelsatz, Montagematerial und Anleitung.

this is not oem actually a cobra remote central locking upgrade similar to the laserline kit i mentioned

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  5. Supercharged Forum Member

Fair enough but it is something you can buy from a VW dealer, fit yourself in 5 minutes and not rip half the car apart and bodge wires all over the place like most 'professionally' fitted alarms I have seen.

Because it does not require any splicing into looms etc it's also a very reliable solution.

6. i agree nice and easy to fit but for 5 minutes work i think 150 euros is a bit excessive for what is probably just a remote control relay
    as for professional fitting jobs
    i am an alarm installer by trade and pride myself on doing an excellent neat everytime and i have to say i have seen several PROPER jobs that were absolute abortions

7. Steve B Forum Junkie

hi trouble starter thanbks for the offer over pm, but i have a feeling ill be able to wire up a 25 reciever from maplin pretty easily this is only my work horse so im not really looking to spend to much.

supercharged i called my local VW but they couldnt find the part number on VW system. they said it worked on etka but not on the new system

any chance the number could have changed etc? would be interested to see what i can get one for as usually give me a pretty good discount at local vw.

cheers

8. Professionally fitted alarms Professionally means you get paid for doing that as a job
    yes some are badly fitted and mainly main dealers in my opinion
    Please dont tar us with the same brush as cowboys im sure if i knew your trade the same would apply

Just a bit of decorum is required on these and other forums

I like Troublestarter have a loyalty to customers and trade alike i have done this for 16 years and am still doing it so that to me speaks volumes

What i cannot understand why people go to Halfrauds for thing fitted maybe that is what you are on about ????

Ian

9. Steve B Forum Junkie

have to sick up for mr toad install he did a top job on my jetta not to long ago.

what do you suggest ian ?

10. Thanks Steve

I would recomend any upgrade Toad Laserline Gemini
    they all do the same job

Personally i would put an alarm in to do the job and add extra protection
    may only be a work horse but if it disapears no more work horse

Ian