Mk3 Sill Repair Panels

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by Louie2shoes, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Louie2shoes Forum Member

Hello folks,

I'm looking to get some sill repair panels for my 96 5 door mk3. I need both sides as the front and back ends are shot. I understand you can also get the jacking point panels as these appear to be the main culprits of the rust! It is my intention to keep the car as a project and also because i've already outspent its value on replacement parts!lol

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful. I had purchased a pair from KGC in Bristol but they have since told me they can't get them until March 2013. I've also tried Eurowagen but they only seem to have the 3 door version.

Thanks everyone.

Louie

2. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

You can get them on EBay IIRC. Just cut the sections from the panels you need. For the jacking points, it's best to get a thicker gauge metal repair panel from a motor factors and make up the patch panels you need.

3. Louie2shoes Forum Member

Hey, thanks for the reply. I did search eBay but no joy at the mo. I'll keep checking though. I might need to see a picture of how the sill should look around the front jacking point as its pretty grizzly!

Thanks again!

4. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

5. Louie2shoes Forum Member

That's a familiar sight! This is really helpful, thanks! I think once I've got some panels and stripped it back to get a measure of the rot this will come in handy. just need to make sure my welding skills are up to the job! ;)

6. Jagermeister

Jagermeister Forum Member

When sourcing my repair panels, I tried Eurowagens, but at the time they just came back as out of stock
    -that was months ago, but they dont have any 5 door sills listed.
    Think I ended up using Cleveland panels
    18 a side is cheap & cheerful, still not got round to getting mine fitted, so no comments on quality or fit.

7. Louie2shoes Forum Member

A tip is a tip. Cheers Jaegermeister. All ordered and ready to go!