mk4 golf 1.9 tdi oil light question???

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by smithy gt tdi, Jun 26, 2007.

1. smithy gt tdi New Member

hi there,i know im getting to be a regular pain on this forum keep asking questions :lol: lol,but just one last one to sort out please lads

when i start my car the message in the dash clocks say OIL SENSOR WORKSHOP then goes off any idea what its trying to get me to check? i dont want to blow up another engine,ive not took it for a spin or anything just run it up to temperature on my driveway
    cheers adam

2. Seraph Banned

I'd suspect theres a problem (DTC) with the oil sensor in the sump, rather than the level.

Check the oil level anyway as a matter of course.

3. Supercharged Forum Member

Been thru any big puddles??

As above it's the sensor on the sump but maybe just electrical - ie corroded wires or maybe stretched if the pendulum mount is worn or snapped a bolt.

4. smithy gt tdi New Member

oil level is fine,on my new engine theres no wiring going to my sump but on my old one there is a sensor,do you think its just the dash clocks thinking im still running the old system?? basically do you think it will be ok as i want to get back on the road with it asap