Mk4 golf gttdi 130 lack of power

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by miggs2002, Sep 4, 2013.

1. miggs2002 Forum Member

the car is my wifes and she uses it daily, we bought it some 3-4 years ago and it had an issue of going into limp mode under hard acceleration, i got vag com and scanned it which showed only the temp sender as an issue, i ordered said sensor but whilst waiting for it i discovered a loose boost pipe going into the intake, i fixed this and it cured the issue so the sensor got put in a drawer and forgot about, a year later i fitted the allard EGR delete pipe and did the vac line simplification as per instructions on ukmkivs.net, all has been fine until winter last year when in the heavy rain she said she was getting intermittent power loss on the motorway, i scanned the car again and got the following issues

17849 egr valve N 18 open circuit or short to ground (intermittent)
    19561 valve for intake manifold flap N239 open or short to ground (int)
    17664 engine coolant temp sensor G62 open or short to plus (int)
    17978 engine start blocked by immobiliser

now i know the first 2 are due to the EGR delete and vac line issue as they have always been like that since i removed them, i scanned the car after the mods so i could eliminate them for future issues, the last 2 have also been there before this problem arose too so i'm ruling them out and i did nothing about it as she wasn't overly bothered

we've had nice weather of late and there has been no issues except a few weeks back the glow plug light started flashing so i scanned and found

16955 brake switch

00792 A/C pressure switch F129

i replaced the brake switch with VW's green one and the light has gone off but the code is still there even after the codes been cleared, also the aircon hasn't worked from the day we got it but i put that down to the fan control unit as it's climatronic and it's a known issue, however the pressure switch has never shown up before
    now the current issue is as follows, the turbo can be heard spinning when driving but theres no power from it at all, if driving at 70 on the m/way and you get an uphill incline then the car will start dropping speed even with my foot to the floor, vag com has shown no new codes and i have performed a vag com test on the N75 and you can hear the revs change as it runs the test so the actuator and N75 must be working, the turbo had a clean a year or so ago when i fitted the allard and it's been ok up until now, there's been no soot trail under acceleration since the clean so i assume the clean worked well, please help as i'm getting my ear chewed every other minute now lol

cheers guys and sorry for the life story i just wanted to cover what i have done so theres no suggestions of stuff already tried