MK4 Golf interior into MK2?

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by Mk2Selver, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Mk2Selver New Member

would like some comfortable seats in my mk2 when she goes back on the road and everything nice that seems to be out of a mk2 is fetching silly money! is it possible to fit a mk4 front and rear seats and if so how much work is involved?

2. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Quite a bit but there are loads of ways to do it. You can either mod the car to take the wheels on the mk4 seats or mod the seats to have 'tabs' same as the mk2 seats. Either way you need to cut a leg off the mk4 seats and weld it on further over.

3. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

They don't look good, way too wide and look really out of place. Mk3, mid 90s Audi A4 or Corrado seats will be just as comfy if you get the right ones and fit way easier.

4. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

I've seen a mk2 with mk4 gti recaros in, looked great in place, a nice oem upgrade:thumbup:

5. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Yeah, your right, they look crap, your much better off with some 15year old ones from an A4[8-}]
    [​IMG]

6. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

I had octavia seats in my mk2... the leg was moved over and used the wheels from the mk4 for a smoother roll.... the problem comes with the front mounting, mine had the mk2 mount cut off and a T plate made up and bolted through the floor for the mk4 seats to bolt on to... very pap idea! as the seat has one of the seat belt mounts on it!

if you must do it, id tray and remove / replicate the proper mk4 mounting on the cross brace and make sure its welded in by a bloody good welder and properly braced!

7. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

They look so massively out of place...

8. Mk2Selver New Member

Yes they do seem to look big, would be difficult because i would like to keep good access to the back seat having little sprogs to chuck in there! I take it the mk3 front seats fit straight in? How much work is it to fit a mk3 golf rear bench? I assume i would need to fabricate something to hold the 2 seperate parts, as a pose to the single mk2 rear bench. Also, don't really fancy chopping and welding subframes.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  9. Mk2Selver New Member

looking at other options, would the interior out of an early ibiza cupra 20vt fit into a mk2 golf? has anybody tried this?