MK4 Platform, Aux socket

Discussion in 'ICE' started by Teddy, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Teddy

Teddy CGTI Regional Host

Just a quick question.
    Did the Mk4 platform, ever come with an OE stereo with an Aux socket as standard?

If not, how hard is it to have one installed with my current VW stereo?

2. adamsdubbing Forum Member

i cant recall ever seeing a mk4 with an oe aux socket mate to be fair but i could be wrong and im thinking that the only way of having one on a standard stereo is to have a fm transmiter that you can plug any mp3 player/ipod into and this just tunes into your stereo and then plays whats on your mp3 or ipod. other than that im not sure that you can connect one as you would need a AUX setting for it on the oe stereo mate.

just out of interest though does it have a cd changer port on the back of the stereo?

3. James_mk2 Forum Member

You can get widgets that plug into the CD changer socket on the back of the standard stereo and give you an aux input, never seen one as standard on a Mk4-platform car though

4. Teddy

Teddy CGTI Regional Host

Thank you chaps.

I dont have a changer in the boot, not looked at the back of the stereo either.
    I am using an FM transmitter at the minute, but I can't charge at the same time, would prefer an aux socket, but don't want to change to OE stereo really, i'll just stick with it.

5. James_mk2 Forum Member

The connection boxes you can buy are normally available with an option to charge ipods etc. i think most of the OEM stereo's have the CD changer socket in the back.