MK4 wiring diagram needed for rear tail lights and headlights

Discussion in 'Mk4' started by drumstick, Jan 27, 2017.

1. drumstick New Member

Hi Guys,

I have a problem currently with my MK4 Golf (anni edition GTI/TDI 1.9) with both tail lights out. I also have the passenger side main headlight out (not sure if this is related yet as have not had time to try changing/checking the bulb (as I know how awkward a job it can be :))...could it be?).

I have tried the normal thing of checking both parking light 5amp fuses (which seem fine) and changing both bulbs and checking the bulb holders (which seem fine with no obvious corrosion). All other lights are fine and working apart from the passenger side front headlight I mentioned.

Any ideas? Maybe the switch? or a relay?

Failing that does anyone have the Haynes manual and could/wouldn't mind posting a photo of the wiring diagrams (for the rear lights and front headlights). Much appreciated if so.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers

Stef

2. jamesa Forum Junkie

3. drumstick New Member

4. drumstick New Member

Problem fixed! A combination of one new bulb holder and bulbs (that were actually ok and not blown (but looked ok)) fixed the problem. As an aside don't do what I did and blew the fuse of the interior light circuit! duh! when trying to get the bulb holder out of the drivers side cluster. The holder (metal bit) briefly touched the boot light (which was on as the boot was obviously open :) ) and blew the fuse of the interior lighting circuit. So I would recommend taking out the fuse for the interior light circuit when changing/removing that holder.[:D]

jamesa likes this.