MK5 GT TDI Cambelt mileage?

Discussion in 'Mk5' started by mat-mk3, Sep 28, 2015.

1. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

My brother has a 2008 MK5 GT TDI with just coming up to 70k on the clocks. Now i'm sure a cambelt is at 80k on those but cant find a definitive answer on the internet. He cannot remember having it done but I'm pretty sure it was done about a year ago. Is there any way to tell this as he is useless with paperwork so don't hold out any hope he will find an invoice lol

Cheers
    Mat

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Various TDI belt ( Column 4) and roller tensioner (Column 5) change intervals

TDI belt change.JPG

mat-mk3 likes this.
  3. Lhasa2008 CGTI Regional Host

Seems that VW now recommend the cam belt is done every 4 years or 40,000, and belt and water pump at 80k.

VW currently have special pricing of 299 for a cam belt change at the moment, which IMO isn't bad for genuine parts and main dealer 2 year warranty on the parts.

mat-mk3 likes this.
  4. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Thanks guys. He managed to find a receipt from VW that has a cambelt on it not long after he bought the car. It's a 2008 and he bought it in 2011 so 40k or 4 years was about right. However it's now about 4 years on and another 40k so might be due again next year. 299 is pretty good, I will let him know and tell him about the water pump.