Mk5 GTi - annoying thang...

Discussion in 'Mk5' started by iguana, Feb 1, 2005.

1. iguana Forum Member

The soddin' indicator side repeaters on the wing mirrors, day time you don't notice them (obviously!) but night time, man what a dangerously distracting pain in the ar*e!

Think modern Mercs have the same set up?

I would just have to pull the bulbs out.

2. superden Forum Addict

Funnily enough - I said the exact same thing to a mate of mine the other day :thumbup: [:x]

3. richgit Forum Junkie

dont find it a problem on my merc company car [:[]

4. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Why would they be any more dangerous or distracting than side repeaters in the conventional position?

5. Dubya Forum Junkie

Have you still got that sooper gay A class van thing? :lol:
    Edited by: Dubya

6. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

SPACKA WAGON? :lol:

7. slick Forum Junkie

Probably because these indicators come right round the mirror so you can actually see them at night when you are driving giving off loads of light.

I think he means from the driver of the car position I.E. your in the golf looking out go to indicate and get a face full of orange light.

[:^(] [:^(]

8. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Thought he was talking about driving another car and seeing them go off.

9. slick Forum Junkie

Well like i say, i think he is talking about being the driver, seeing as he says he would have to pull the bulbs out.

[:s]

10. iguana Forum Member

Doh! yes slick is correct, I mean when yoyu are driving.

They are IMHO dangerous when you are driving at night, its like bloody roadworks trucks flashing orange light in your eyes.

11. STU

Stu Forum Junkie

Yeah, they bug you at night. I hired a Mk5 TDI in Germany and it had the indictors in the mirrors like that, I think they all do?

Also, you find the indicators do an extra flash or two after you switch them off, it's weird. That may be common on all newer dubs though, I've never driven anything more modern than a Mk2 for long! :p

12. Jon TDI Forum Member

My Fabia does this. They call it "intelligent indicators"!. If you briefly press the stalk the indicators flash 3 times. You get used to it after a while & automatically think that others cars that you drive do it!! :lol:

Edited by: Jon TDI

13. ^neo^ Forum Junkie

Be perfect for most of the women drivers on the motorway that leave their indicators on then !

14. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

15. GolfMk3 Forum Member

it doesnt bother me on my MK5....

16. M1K VW Paid Member Paid Member

They can be a pain cos they're in your peripheral vision when driving, s'pose I'll get used to them eventually or cunningly conceal the back edge with tape/take the bulbs out/use my arms.

What's more annoying is the styoooopid seatbelt warning message/alarm chime, especially cos if you put anything bigger than a bag of crisps on the passenger seat the 'sensor' assumes there's a passenger on board who hasn't belted up and the dashboard starts chiming away at you - and doesn't stop. [:x]

I worked that out after driving along fastening/unfastening my seatbelt a few times before reaching over to fasten the passenger side seat belt to finally shut the f**king thing up <a great contribution to road safety). A session with the vag.com is on order to deactivate.

17. AndyCEB Forum Junkie

:lol: I remember the 1st time he posted a pic of it, when he had that hot date and was forced to park it round the corner and take the tube! :lol: :lol:

18. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SPACKA WAGON TASTIC!

19. Tarnbir Forum Member

Hi,

the beetle we had as a courtesy car when my lupo gti was ill has these weird annoying indicators,

what is the point putting them there, its not like you can't see them when theyre in the front wings,

taz
    Edited by: Tarnbir

20. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

It will be there as another reminder for those folk who drive along not realising they have indicators on despite a flashing green light in their faces and a ticking noise in their ears.
    Another thing about the Mk5 is I was behind one today and I thought the rear indicator was not very visible as it wasn`t very bright in comparison to many other modern cars but it was a bit manky the car so maybe it was that also.