MK5 GTi test drive

Discussion in 'Mk5' started by DODGER, Mar 1, 2005.

1. DODGER Forum Member

Just been to have a go of my Mums new Mk5. F*ck me! Its fast! She only picked it up at 4.00 so I couldn't go mad under my Dads watchful eye, but it pulls like a train from 2500 and goes on & on. Fantastic! Can't wait for them to go on holiday when I get to car sit. Handles really well too.
    Now where is that REVO phone number? :lol:

2. polosteve Forum Member

Saw one in the flesh for the first time today, 3 door in a real nice blue colour. Best looking golf since the mk2 :p

3. DODGER Forum Member

Yeah the stealer had a dark met blue one, very nice. I was having a look under the bonnet, couldn't see much. I was looking to see the engine mounts. You never know one day..... :lol: Have to have a better look at the weekend when I can see what I am doing. 200ps in a mk2 with 6 speed sounds like a nice dream.

4. zoid Forum Member

My mate just picked his mk5 GTI today, black 3 door with 18 alloys, just got off the phone with him, needless to say he's very excited!!
    Although he's a little worried about driving it as an everyday transport and leaving it places, although I did reassure him "don't worry" I said "if the worst comes to the worst and you write it off, I'll have the engine for my mk2!!" :lol:

5. DODGER Forum Member

Every one I talk to says they know someone who has got one and had it nicked. My old dear has taken some VW insurance where if it gets written off you get a new one 300 for three years. With all these cars getting nicked there should be a few engines about real. [:D] soon

6. beaniegti

beaniegti Forum Member

unless they're burnt out [:^(]

7. cliveyp Forum Member

They are fantastic ain't they! I had a test drive for 45mins last Saturday, and loved it! Just need the money now! [:D]