Mk5 gti............wow!

Discussion in 'Mk5' started by sambo, Dec 23, 2004.

1. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

After todays experience i want one! Yes you'v guessed it, i drove it today and loved it. What a car! Everything about it is awesome. Feel, once you inside, driving position,controls.....etc, perfect. Start the engine...lovely exhaust note, into first and pull away smoothly, foot down and you are off! Few gear changes and the golf just goes and wants more. Lovely stuff. I took it round lancashire country lanes and also dual carrige way. Acceleration is unreal especialy low down. Massive kick up your back in first four gears anywhere in rev range. brakes are superb if not a little to sensitive. Handles superb, aim it at the tight corner and it just does exactly what you want it to. I have never ever bought a new vw but i think this time i will. Only thing that has stoped me today from placing an order is the fact that i'v heard a striped out lightweight version is coming out. I dont really care for climate control, leccy this leccy that, to be honest i didnt even try any gizmos. I am in love and sure i will get a new gti wether is this one or striped out one. [:D] The golf gti is back [:D]

2. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

The rumour about the lightweight verison with 230bhp was quashed by VW Driver magazine. Apparently it was only a rumour. However, we can dream.

I really want a Mk5 GTI, i mean really want one. [:D]

3. Imran Forum Member

I still think they look ugly and a mk4 anni looks sooo much better.

4. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Not sure if its a rumour you know, because when i'v asked a salesman today about it he said its not a rumour but he doesnt know when it will be out!

5. RSSGOLF Forum Junkie

Just found out that my mates gf's best friend just got given a MK5 gti!!!!!!

Shes 20 yrs old and is driving a mk5 gti!!!!

How much do i wish my daddy was rich aswell!!!!!

6. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Just found out that my mates gf's best friend just got given a MK5 gti!!!!!!

Shes 20 yrs old and is driving a mk5 gti!!!!

:o

7. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

I saw a 5 door silver mk5 gti in Grimsby yesterday. It went round a roundabout i was waiting to go on and it looked mint!! (for a mk5 ;))

8. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

But they arent actually available to buy at the moment. At least in this country.

9. zoid Forum Member

I really like the mk5 GTI too, although I'm gonna hold off from buying one until the full performance Golf line up is known. I'd hate to part with 20k only to find out a year down the line that they plan to make it!

10. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

My point exactly, but would be fun driving normal gti for a year or so than upgrading for a striped out track toy! [:D]

11. S1MMA Forum Member

they're coming with recaro's next year apparantly, so hold out till then if you want to order one.

I drove one also, very nice. Put the power down well, very civilised power delivery (not really savage acceleration like my 20VT coupe, but a remap could do wonders). Will be a decent buy (pricewise) in 2 years hopefully, I enjoyed driving it though!

12. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

I think we really need a man on inside to confirm all these rumours before parting with cash :lol: Maybe Ben Leach could help now he is on the other side ;) :)

13. RSSGOLF Forum Junkie

It's on order matey!

14. GolfMk3 Forum Member

definitly, my Mk5 looks a tad gay, and the GTI version looks not much different!

there's many other cars about for 20k!

15. Dubya Forum Junkie

I think they look pretty good, apart from the wheels.

The wheels look gash IMO! [xx(]

16. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Car looks gay?!....Wheels look gash?! [:s]

i think you boys maybe had to much to drink! Mk5 gti looks meaner than any other vw to date, but to be honest for me looks are not the most important thing about new gti. Once i'm inside and driving it i cant even see it!

17. GolfMk3 Forum Member

i suppose its personal opinion, but u cant beat an R32 for looks. It's completely proportional and looks excellent!

If i had the money, i'd buy an R32 over a Mk5 GTI, i really dont look twice at them when i see them, and its hard to tell them apart. If i see an R32 i nearly crash, tryin to get a good look :lol:

18. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

You might have a point there, i must admit r32 does look good and would love to own one :) Ride and handling not as good as gti tho

19. birchie90 Forum Member

hmmmm R34 anyone - on it's way at some point so the rumour goes!!

20. Imran Forum Member

R36 i heard ...