Mk6 Golf / Scirocco Day Time Running Lights switchable option?

Discussion in 'Mk6' started by Crispy 8V, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

It has been mentioned else where on this forum and others, just thought i'd pass on what i think I know :lol:

The European Union announced that from 2011 all new cars will have to have daytime running lights (DRL) as standard. As a result Volkswagen are ahead of the game!
    All new Golfs and Sciroccos produced for EU countries have DRL.

DRL as a safety feature should be left switched on as it is a safety feature.;)

I've not tried it but deactivating and reactivating the DRL function should e done by the driver

Deactivating
    Hold the indicator stalk in towards you and down (LH indicator and headlamp flash) and then switch the ignition on for three seconds until a gong sounds and the indicator function pauses briefly. Now turn the ignition off and on.

Reactivating
    Hold the indicator stalk in towards you and up (RH indicator and headlamp flash) and then switch the ignition on for three seconds until a gong sounds and the indicator function pauses briefly. Now turn the ignition off and on.

I'll be interested in any feedback if works :thumbup:

2. 7point2 New Member

Tried it twice, didnt work

3. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

I've tried it on a Mk 6 GTD, got it to work, second time not first