mk6 TDI 140

Discussion in 'Mk6' started by volkswagen golf mk6 TDI, Jul 2, 2010.

1. volkswagen golf mk6 TDI New Member

i have a golf mk6 2.0 TDI 140 bhp i'm looking to get the most out of it as i feel that there is a lot more the engine can offer i cannot yet go down the route of a remap so am looking for other ways to make the most of the engine. Been looking at fitting bigger turbo's and intercoolers. i have recently fitted a induction kit from K and N i know this was not a good choice performance wise but i did get the sound of the recirculating dump valve kicking out waste air, also the turbo spooling up, if anyone can help me on my quest to make my golf go as fast as it should then the help would be appreciated. [:D]

2. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

What`s preventing you going done the remap route? Not available yet?

Would be much easier and cheaper than a turbo conversion.

3. volkswagen golf mk6 TDI New Member

cant realy go down the remap route cos its a company car like and not sure whether i want to buy it off them at the end of the two years i've got left with it. once the two years is up gonna try and get a gti or something with more horses but sticking with the golf range

4. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Well if it`s your company car a re-map is definately easier than a turbo swap! :lol:

5. volkswagen golf mk6 TDI New Member

okay thanks a lot going to look in to.

6. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

as quoted from your other question
    if it goes into the dealers for any engine related issue and something is definitely not stock, it cancels out your manufacturers warranty regarding the engine. Being owned by a lease company they'll be asked to pay for whats needed - they will ask questions as they expect to only pay for servicing to a minimum!

would you want to pay for 1200 + fitting for a new DPF when thats getting clogged up with extra soot?

trust me on that one ;)

7. volkswagen golf mk6 TDI New Member

good point i dont really wanna be paying out that kind of money. So if i did get a remap the only benefit is that i will get more power but in the long run i will be paying for that as the stock parts cannot cope as well is this what your telling me. If the GTD has 170 bhp how have volkswagen got that power out of the same engine cos i'm assuming they run the same engine just with a few tweeks here and there.