mk6 TDI front mount intercooler

Discussion in 'Mk6' started by volkswagen golf mk6 TDI, Aug 9, 2011.

1. volkswagen golf mk6 TDI New Member

heres my plan i have a mk6 TDI 140 which has been mapped to 180.6 hp im looking and getting a front mount intercooler along with a new ehaust system with the induction kit and coilovers also bigger injectors, ive been trying to find a set of mk5 edition 30 wheels but struggling to find a decent for a decent price. i'm struggling to find people who sell the parts i need any help would be appreciated. thanks

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  2. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

it already does have a FMIC, which is good from the factory

I'd be more worried about the DPF getting clogged up, that could be higher up the list mods

3. volkswagen golf mk6 TDI New Member

Would you reccommend a dpf removal pipe then as a modification to be made?

4. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

if your planning to not drive it like miss daisy, yes do the mod & remap to suit - it builds up the soot & the ash loads within the DPF

5. volkswagen golf mk6 TDI New Member

I hardly ever drive the car steady the car gets driven on the motorway for work everyday as well. Would you be able to tell me what the difference is with these coilover kits i've been looking at as some say there kits are only designed for cars with a front Strut diameter of 50mm and some are designed for 55mm arent all the GT TDI'S the same strut diameter?