Mk7 GTI build - KhanRuss

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by KhanRuss, Oct 6, 2020.

1. KhanRuss New Member

Hi all,
    Just recently joined and I'm wanting a place where I can keep track of my car and what I do to it.
    Any tips and pointers would be appreciated.

-----

(hmm not too sure on how to upload pictures from my phone, might have to come back to this)

2. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Once you reach 10 posts, you’ll be able to upload straight from your phone, onto the server.

Its exactly what I use it for, I have a thread up which I update so I know what’s happened :)

3. KhanRuss New Member

Oh okay makes sense, stops spamming.
    Well I guess I'll post a bit over the forums till I reach 10

Where would be the best place to look for mk7 builds? Most of the threads on here (not that I'm complaining) are of older gen golf's etc

Savagesam likes this.
  4. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

To be honest, we don’t have many newer builds. Most of the ‘new’ golf builds I’ve seen across the internet are just wheels and a stage 1 remap sadly :(

but don’t let that put you off we appreciate all builds of all shapes and sizes

5. KhanRuss New Member

Haha I'll be honest that's all I had planned

Might have to go old school and see if I can get my hands on some audi door handles [:[]

6. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Welcome to the forum and great to see you chose here to keep track of your MQB project. We can do with some of the later stuff on here.

I know of two MQB cars that will be turned into a race car.

From the controls side, I know a thing or 3 about them.
    They are brilliant cars from off the showroom floor. Not a lot has to be done to make them an excellent track car.

Is yours a pre facelift car?
    DSG also?

7. KhanRuss New Member

Oh any threads you can share on particular builds would be great. Personally I don't think I'll be going the track route.

Yes it's a pre face-lift and a dsg. (hopefully pictures to come soon with a load of questions)