MkII electric windows

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Rich8v, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Rich8v New Member

Can you stil get a kit to retro-fit them? Including original illuminated switches? Wouldn't mind doing it, but don't want a bish-bosh fit.

And also, is it possible to replace the LED in a MkII's heater fascia? Or do I need a new one from a scrapper??
    Edited by: Rich8v

2. oak8vgti Forum Member

try finding a set of electric windows from the scappy too, then ya can poss get the wiring loom and switches and the console for them to fit into

3. Jetta Forum Junkie

I fitted a superbrite red LED in to my heater facia, and the rest of my switch gear

Prise the heater facia apart then push the two connection pins out with pliers, also make sure you use 12volt LEDs or you'll have to put a resistor on the positive feed to drop the voltage down (bit of a fart on)

I fitted them to all the switches fog, rear screen heater, headlights, handbrake warning unit and heater facia and fitted a blue cold cathode tube in the clocks MK4 style.

I need to find a way to dismantle my VDO guages (dont want to knack em as it took me ages to find a set in a breakers yard) to change the colour from red to blue and paint the needles white.

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

5. flyingrigger Forum Member

6. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

So do I, but I've not fitted it yet cos I can't drive and me batterys gone flat! [:$]