More Power for my valver

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by andycantelo, Aug 23, 2007.

1. andycantelo Forum Member

Is there an easy way to increase the power for my Mk 2 16v 91 J plate. I dont really want to do my strides, I just want a little more for now. Already have KnN panel filter, full stainless exhaust. Oh yes, how do I get some pics of my Mk 2s on here for you all.

Andy

2. Aphex Forum Junkie

First and foremost, rolling road. Then maybe some cams or a 2.0 bottom end?

3. 87 UMN

87 UMN Forum Member

4 2 1 branch manifold for easier breathing most other things is abit more in depth such as cams lightening and balancing bigger bottom end etc. and im not to sure either about piccys in the sig. hope ive helped mate

4. andycantelo Forum Member

Cheers, I have heard that a 2.0 bottom end would help and I like the 4 2 1 thing, how much of a difference would these changes make?
    Thanks 87 UMN & Aphex !!

5. 87 UMN

87 UMN Forum Member

four branch not alot but it will make the response a little better. bottom end will make the car feel so much better plus the four branch too its not that dear to buy a 2lt bottom end but is the rebuild and put back together which can be pricy. get piccy's and keep up to date mate

6. Seraph Banned

Interesting way of increasing a valver's power.

Does it bolt straight on? Must make the front end heavy, no?

;)

7. andycantelo Forum Member

Hi Seraph, I too once had a GT TDi 150, had a couple of things changed but when my Grandad bought one I had to get rid of mine. I found the front end was too heavy along with everything else on the MkBore.

Andy

8. Mike_H Forum Addict

First... get the WUR (Warm Up Regulator) modified to run slightly richer - See the FAQ's if you fancy having a go yourself, but you need a fuel pressure gauge. If you don't DIY, Stealth Racing are the masters at this, but I'm sure there must be rolling road shops nearer to you who could do it.

Then a 2.0 bottom end (a whole lump, if you can find a good ABF or 9A) and / or a modified cylinder head.

Cam changes are hard to get right in a 16v lump, while it's running K-Jet.

9. andycantelo Forum Member

mikehorsb, I am more than up for doing things myself and I think I landed on the right web site/forum for helping me along. Is a 2.0 ltr bottom end pricey/hard to get. I guess breakers are the place to go can you suggest any where else.

Cheers

10. Mike_H Forum Addict

About 300 for a decent 2.0 16v engine is the going rate... you can leave the head on it, as they're interchangeable.

ABF's seem to make a bit more power... about 160-170 when properly set up on K-jet, as opposed to 160 for a 9A with KR inlet cam

11. Aphex Forum Junkie

Lmao, I think they were a factory extra.

If you can do it yourself then 2.0 is definately the way to go.

Just as a guider my 9a bottom end on a ported and polished head (KR) with the KR cams, K n N panel filter and standard exhaust made 185bhp at Stealth (at the fly). Definatley a worthwile thing to do :thumbup:

12. andycantelo Forum Member

Seems reasonable for such a big up on the BHP, I will do it, well a good friend of mine will, but I will be right there getting stuck in. Thanks again for the advice.

13. Aphex Forum Junkie

No problems, everyone is massivley helpful on here I've found. Let us know how it goes :)

14. Mike_H Forum Addict

Keey your eye on the for sale ads, on here and in Edition 38 - something will turn up on there.

15. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

i got a whole audi, with 2.0 engine, 280mm brakes, VDO gauges etc etc

175 ;) + i can sell whatever i dont want!

all about the ebay specials [:D]

16. andycantelo Forum Member

Hi Jolfa, sorry did not get back to you last night,will be in contact later when home from the daily.

Cheers

Andy