MoreThan Insurance-BEWARE

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by badger5, May 3, 2005.

1. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

Mrs B just changed her insurance policy for her 1.0E Lupo *cough* to another company (mod friendly)

Previous insurer being MoreTh4n.
    Full NCB when she joined them 6+ years, but on changing, her new insurers called Moreth4n to conform NCB to be told 4 years. Which was 1 year short of full ncb in their terms.. and a 50 adder to the policy would be applied!

WTF! MrsB was with Moreth4n for 3 years approx, joined them with 6+ years FULL NCB and left them with 4 years NCB??? The reason? Moreth4n only call full ncb as being 4 years so all they say people have!

W4nkers!

It took a lenghty phonecall to both insurers to get new one to call old one to confirm MrsB joined moreth4n with 6+ years NCB, was with them for 3+years with no claims... and did in fact have full NCB, NOT just 4 years as they first said.

BEWARE of Moreth4n on renewal to other companies I say.

Ya basic insurance rip-off merchants as usual.
    [:x]

So to MoreTh4n I say (go to hell) [:x]

2. Guests Banned

admiral just skanked me 800 and left me with no insurance [:x]

3. WTF?!?!? How'd that happen...?

4. JAY

Jay Forum Member

my insurance runs out this month, MoreThan want 560 for fully comp with 17yrs with no claims, Adrian Flux have quoted low 400's so far

5. Guests Banned

long story but i misunderstood the terms and tried to explain that.....they didnt believe me and cancelled the policy saying it had not effect and no refund.

just had to fork out another grand, now with adrian flux.

had to come after i just bought a bike and was skint already ffs [:x]

6. Atlas 12v Forum Member

Wasn't cause of tinted windows was it?

7. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

I don't get this ceiling on NCB. I've heard of it before but facts are if you've had 10 years with no prangs, that's 10 NCB, end of story. If an insurance co then tells you you've got their 'maximum', say '5', you write a letter to them to confirm it's 10, copy it and shove it up anyone's nose who says otherwise.

Bottom line with this stuff is the punter gets the choice of an easy life by accepting fate or getting seriously angry, upping the blood pressure and getting on the phone to deal with the rip off merchants. Good on yer Bill for dealing with it.

8. Guests Banned

yup and

konig seats
    leather interior
    g60 arches
    crystal lights
    bmw wheels
    koni lowered suspension
    stainless exhaust.

i thought you only had to tell them about engine mods.....how wrong was i [:$]

but whats p***** me off is that if there saying the cover was never effective.....what have i paid 800 for? [:x]

9. It's one of the reasons I pay monthly for my insurance... It gives me flexibility to change. IE I'm currently insured with Privilege but they wouldn't do mods for under 25s - all I wanted to do was suspension but they said no. So I just said that as soon as the monthly repayments were due i'd cancel the policy and go elsewhere... Fecking ridiculous because I was told when I took out the insurance (about a month ago) that I could just ring them for the quotes with the new suspension.

10. Guests Banned

yup doing monthly now......it was the first time i paid it all in one go....thinking i was doing the right thing

shafted [8(]

11. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

No way. That is ridiculous. Get on the phone and get angry.

I had a company say they couldn't cover my car due to the 2.0 litre TB'd motor I'd burdened them with, but I'll still got a refund of some sort. Do it.

12. Russ_JDUB Forum Member

That's alot of money to just let go mate - Is there no way you can get it back somehow? [:s]

13. Maybe you could just chase them - they might be prepared to give you some sort of goodwill gesture - better than nothing... [:^(]

14. Guests Banned

my dads on the case....he likes a challenge :lol:

15. Guests Banned

oh and they said can you send the policy back in the provided envelope.

yeah ok.....like my bottom doesnt hurt enough.

16. Russ_JDUB Forum Member

Tell him to go fu*king mental until he gets some sort of a refund mate. Get him to speak to underwriter, or the managers manager etc... Failing that I'm up for doing 800 worth of damage to their headquaters! ;)

17. greg s Forum Member

You should be able to cancel the policy with them but they won't pay you
    back the proportion of the policy remaining. They'll charge a big
    cancellation fee but a bit of cash is better than nothing.

18. Imran Forum Member

Oh god!!!

19. Guests Banned

my dad is a ganster. and im not joking :)

he did say much the same as what you said russ but with a few other things :lol:

20. Russ_JDUB Forum Member

:lol: Lets hear it

Does it involve leg breaking and bullets? :)