MOT’d the free scirocco...

Discussion in 'Scirocco' started by stew72, May 27, 2005.

1. stew72 Forum Member

....and it failed on...

o/s front flexi ends corroded
    n/s front shock leaking
    wiper blades
    washers not working
    windscreen cracked
    horn-poor performance!
    Drivers seat not tilting, no access to rear belt (then lean in from passengers side you lazy cnut!)

Thats about it, my first failure sheet in 17 years!

Theres the small matter of smoke and oil comsumption, but this didn't seem to effect the emissions [:D]

Any advice on the screen, can get a new one fitted for around 80, but as I'll be taking it out again within the next couple of years I'm thinking about fitting a secondhand one, is it worth the hassle.

2. 45rugdub Forum Member

Thats made my day, failing a car because the drivers seat doesnt tip up. I have seen enough funny MOT failures. My mates mk2 golf failed on excessive up and down movement on steering wheel, when its was just like all old mk2 and excessive left and right movement in handbrake lever when in off position. I did take a 1990 mk2 gti for a mot yesterday that was bought for 125 and it failed on a light bulb and a wishbone bush, when the bumper is held on with string???
    If you can get a 2nd hand screen out of another car without breaking it, it is well worth it. Last time I hand a screen in it cost 50 so it might be worth phoning round to see if you can get a better price.
    I think we should start a list of stupid things your car has failed on at an MOT.

3. stew72 Forum Member

Had re-test yesterday, the guy just tilted the seat and said "yeah, thats ok". No attempt what so ever to look at the rear belts [:x] Bloody good job I used a cable tie and didn't get a cable from VAG [:x]