MoT changes to verify recorded mileage

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by Crispy 8V, Nov 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

A new format of the printed of receipt has been brought in to play today.
    The mileage box has now been increase to list the last 3 recorded mileages at the time of test, hopefully to help make clocking cars so much harded to do :thumbup:

it also gives the date of the tests as well, I still miss those nice big green pass sheets, felt you had something in for your money! [:D]

2. Mike_H Forum Addict

There's a worry - my track car has had 3 different speedos in the last 3 years, because they keep breaking. (8v 'talk' breaks speedos shock!) I wonder how it will show up on the next MOT?

3. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Thats when its good to know your MOT tester. :)

I suppose the only way is to keep a record of the mileage since the last MOT.

4. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

My speedo doesn't count up the mileage for some reason, sometimes it'll go up a mile or two and then stop again for months. It's going to look like I've only done about 50 miles in the last three years!

5. jmsheahan CGTI Graphics Designer

Am I right in saying a mileage reading/working mileometer isn't actually a legal requirement for MOT?

Still a good thing though I guess, would be nice if they still did the green slips as mentioned!

6. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

Yep, a working speedo is not an mot requirement. Not on class IV anyway

7. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

It does make things harder for that wide boy that then sells a car on autotrader thats a bag of nails with 90K on it, and in reality the other 90K 'fell off' lol
    on the single doc we have the last couple recorded, without a valid reason/prof why any punters going to be put off!

8. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

Not a problem for most of us because if you're selling a Mk2 etc you'd explain that you've had broken speedos and you don't buy one on mileage anyway.

9. mbuk2456 Forum Member

Have they changed the page layout so that people cant cut off the advisory side and only give you the MOT in A3 format. Im sure i read somewhere that they were going to change the orientation of the page back to the old way so its all one section so people cant hide the advisorys. (i know you can check online the history but not everyone does!)