MOT Failure . . .Coilsprings not correctly Located(PICS)

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by Vento Mike, Jan 8, 2007.

1. yonner Forum Member

zip ties :p xxxxxxx

2. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Thanks Chris, a great help[:D] I can see flecks of yellow under the black paint so who knows...I would like to find out more about them tho, I think realistically I should order some coilover suspension tomorrow as I will need the car to be used as a road car for a while aswell[8(] ...but i'll definatly keep hold of the koni's even if I just fit them for a track day and compare them to the coilovers....see how I get on. Again thanks for your time:) Was speaking to dub nutta about the straps you suggested...I can see this being the best option if I was to keep them on.

It looks like a battle between the Koni's and the FK Konigsport at the moment, both have been highly recomended...i'm afraid those rather tasty leda's you mention or out of the question at present:lol:

3. Dub Nutta Forum Member

KW Variant 2's are very good. Also Weitec coilovers like i have on my Mk1 come highly recomended. they are to all intents and purposes a KW Variant 2 made in plain steel and zinc plates and fitted with green springs. they're good value for money IMO.

Before picking the Weitec's up cheep I was looking at having some GAZ coilovers made with custom piston lengths and spring rates and they worked out amazingly cheap when combined with a trade discount. Defintly worth a phone call as they keep a standard Mk1 kit on the shelf now i think.