MOT question

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by stainesy, Jan 17, 2010.

1. stainesy Forum Member

i have my mot due at the end of this month.
    i am planning on having it done this saterday. if it fails the mot am i legaly aloud to drive it home to fix the problems then take it back for mot as the original mot dont run out till end of month or will the fail void the old one meaning i can not drive it?

2. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

You'll be fine, as your car is still MOT'd till the end of the month.

:thumbup:

3. stainesy Forum Member

ok great coz if it fails im gona need it for work following week till i got funds to fix and re-mot

4. scruffydubber Paid Member Paid Member

Even if the mot has run out. And it fails, you can drive it to a place for repair/home, straight from the mot testing station.

5. vrbanana Forum Junkie

It may be MOTd but its still not roadworthy, so you can be prosecuted for driving an unroadworthy car, and what makes it worse is that youll know that its not roadworthy. You can drive them from the test station but youre not supposed to keep running them with any defects.

6. The db

The db Forum Junkie

^^ As above. If you have an accident or even if somebody else crashes into your insurance co or their insurance co will have access to the VOSA database which they may access to assess your/their claim and you may find your insurance company refuse to cover you as you knowingly drove an un-roadworthy vehicle.

I wouldn't MOT until you have a fall back fund.