Motorbikes?

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by CovGTi, Dec 10, 2010.

1. tones61

tones61 Forum Member

sold my blade(totaly awesome machine,WAY TOO much for the road) a couple of months ago and bought my evo8 fq300;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:thumbup:

2. steve9016V Forum Member

My 600, had it for 3 years now and love it, no car could compare to being out on 2 wheels.

[​IMG]

3. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

tones 61, I want to get the CBR600 F sport in that colour scheme looks lovely. Really liking the bikes on this thread, seem's v dub lovers have good taste in motorbycycles too

4. andyrob New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My 2004 R1.
    Ohlins rear shock,
    revalved front end,
    flush led indicators,
    integrated rear led light,
    Pazzo levers,
    heated grips,
    Micron rainbow cans,
    double bubble screen.

Love it to bits but will most likely sell it in the spring as new baby daughter will be competing for my attention!

5. andyrob New Member

Not necessarily,

My pal at work managed to buy and insure a '93 cbr600 for just over a grand, fair do's its not the last word in tech and she aint gonna win any beauty contests but much better than a 125.;)

6. bigeyd Forum Member

Too many people I know died on them but my parents had the same and instilled it in me to never try,bit of a loop I guess

7. andyrob New Member

Always a shame when someone loses their life on a bike, but theres danger everywhere in life.
    I believe in wearing all the proper safety gear (good quality lid, back armour, leathers, boots and gloves) and riding within your limits.
    On plenty of occasions ive gone out and for whatever reason it hasnt 'gelled' so rather than push my luck and risk an off, i just go home instead. However, when it all does gel together and your enjoying yourself theres very few things in life that'll give a buzz like it!

8. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

I don't feel right unless I have my one piece on. A two piece is too restrictive for me. Can't hang off the bike. Knee down on my fav roundabout. Cars don't have the same adrenalin rush. Just don't like riding on my own. The more the merrier. Can't do that in cars unless you don't mind feeling like a boy racer.

9. s1m0n Forum Member

Started at 14/15 on an RD50 currently have a 98 'blade with a special bits and a 1050 kit, oh an I'm 43 now.

Nothing quite like a bike really....

10. G2T

G2T Forum Member

The great thing about bikes, along side vws is that I can`t leave a vw alone, but the bike, last 2 yrs an older zx6r, currently a newer- older zx6r needing some tlc after the last owner slid her down the road, but the bike can sit under the cover in the garage waiting to provide the ultimate thrill, without filling my head with ideas for mods....when I feel I`ve mastered the 600 I`ll sell it and get a 750, or maybe one of the last zx9r`s.

Plus being located in West Wales, some of the best biking B roads are on my doorstep, as said before, when the sun is out and the twisty b road is mostly clear there is nothing like a bike.....

11. Admin Guest

Who is riding what now?

I have just picked up a KTM Duke II and I'm in love already.

Get your pics up!

12. Joe16v Forum Member

Ill try and get a pic of my rgv 250 !

13. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

fj1200, xt600 now:
    The older I get, the better I was...

14. Admin Guest

How do find the XT600 Jon?

15. mk1. Forum Junkie

1200 Bandit looking to change to a Blackbird sometime soon :thumbup:

[​IMG]

16. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

XT600: Bought it to do some green laning and for popping round the shops, local journeys. Its very good. Its an E model, so leccy start. Took it to the IOM for the Manx last year and had a blast on the lanes. Booked again this year.

17. Mike_H Forum Addict

lol

18. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Still nothing, now and again I see someone zip through traffic on something nice and start to feel the bug again, it's doubly worse when my mate comes over on his Duc Hypermoto, but no.

I'm skint, I haven't got anywhere to keep it and I'd still be on the MTB over a motorbike anytime I could, maybe one day I've become a 'born again' buy something completely unsuitable and wobble around on it in my 50's - have to get past the OH first though, she HATES them.

19. ShaunyC

ShaunyC Forum Member

I tried 2 wheels a couple of times but just kept hurting myself.. no wonder they make you ride them in a body bag :o

20. kieranwebb Forum Member

2012 Crf450 honda, used for motocross. I want to do my bike test but certain family members are highly against it :(