ms ecu questions

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by 60 fast, May 8, 2012.

1. 60 fast New Member

right im in the process of sourcing all the parts to turbo my valver and am going down the megasquirt route and im not sure which one i will need any info will be very handy

2. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

use the search

3. 60 fast New Member

i have but still not sure. what ms do you run and what block and can it run on the tall block crank sensor

4. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Its all in my thread ;) what engine do you intend to use? I use the crank sensor in my block.

5. 60 fast New Member

ha your like fort knocks, i have a choice of blocks but im swayed towards the tall block ady. but an 9a isnt out of the question just yet. there what i have to play with at the moment

6. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Lol. Are you an english teacher. :lol:

All the information is on here. Choose your engine and then decide from there. 16v have been done on here and reliable power using stacked gaskets is tried and tested.

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  7. 60 fast New Member

oh my days.... i was looking at going down the route of a tall block and rebushing the rods down to 20mm as i have a set of new 83mm mahle 9a pistons.. my original question was just what version of ms is most suited to 16vt conversions. also where to source one built up with loom

8. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

And the answer to your question is any version. You can build it yourself or buy online pre built. But unless you are willing to play with it yourself, maybe another brand of ecu would suit you. MS isnt plug and play.

9. 60 fast New Member

many thanks. any pointers on where or who to source one from ??