Mushroom Textil-Airfilters: make sence?

Discussion in 'Engines' started by Loisl, May 3, 2005.

1. Loisl New Member

Hello everybody,

I have seen some pictures of "mushroom-Airfilters" in this forum.

I have to say that I'm not a professional, and a Dieseldriver beyond.

I think these things are nonsence, in my humble opinion: The air in the engine compartement is much to hot to have the right dence to feed your cylinders efficiently. The origin Filter-Box sucks air from outside the car, which is much colder, with the effect of getting much more oxigen into the cylinders. Why do Turbodrivers kill the effect of their intercooler.

A airfilter is not really the eye of the needle in a engine setting, I think(At diesel engines at least), a origin filter has the right face to run the engine as good as possible.

At last: I think a textil-filtercan ruin the whole engine, because of not having the filter-effect needed.

Is someone out there who can honesty say, that his mushroom-airfilter did bring any effect.?- honesty;)

This was only my lay-meaning, and I would be happy to get some expert-knowledge to affirm or devitalise my statements.

Many thanks,

Greetings