MW2 Stimulus pack for PS3

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by JettaTDi, May 2, 2010.

1. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

I`m liking the new levels, but I don`t like how we have to play random match-types, instead of being able to choose.

I hate Capture the Flag, but that`s what most of the matches rolled out as last night...can`t wait till they`re integrated into normal gameplay...

2. bigbeat

bigbeat Forum Member

Maybe arrange a Cod night on the new map packs in a private session?

3. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

I just did a couple of private matches with my mate rob(scratchcard) and his mate paul.
    you've played with them neil, i added that paul lad, he's gotta kdr of 1.57! :o
    couldn't believe that, were always better than him when we play! :lol:

yeah, it is annoying Stu, i'm fine on the dom/ctf/tdm etc, but hq and sabotage and I get raped consistently! [:D]

gonna go work the levels out for a bit........

4. Dennis10

Dennis10 Forum Member

You young whipper snappers, I don't know many under the age of 18 playing consoles, so I'm assuming you are all kiddies!! :lol:

Anyone in the know realises PCs are where these type of games are at! Absolutely awesome on the pc, with no head shot issues, I can aim precisely with my mouse and take a head off from a quarter mile!

Having said that I have boycotted MW2 on the pc because IW basically shafted us pc users, the very same people who made their game popular in the first place, by taking away dedicated servers, taking away lean round corners and basically dumbing down the game so a simpleton on a console can use it!

I do envy you guys though, I wish I could get past the betrayal and buy/play the game, but damn it hurts too much! [:^(];) Luckily there is still a massive, thriving community online with MW1, so I'm still there!

Racing games are better on the console, I'll give you that though!

5. StuMc

Wez dealt with the last PC-er who seemed to think getting headshots on a console is difficult...what makes you think it`s difficult? [:s]

If it is so difficult, then that just proves we must be UBER, because I`ll easily whip your head off, while your running, half a mile away... ;)

6. bigbeat

bigbeat Forum Member

7. WEZ

if MW1 on the pc has "look around corners" then we got shafted!

how much was your gfx card, ram and cpu?

8. Dennis10

Dennis10 Forum Member

My cpu is an amd phenom x4 9950 black edition, ive got a 1gig his hd4670 gfx card and 4gig of ocz spec ops, probably cost me about 300 for those 3 components when I put it together, I realise I could have spent thousands, but it gives me a very good gaming rig nonetheless, for next to nothing! And it knocks the spots off of a console.

Did you guys not get lean round corners on the simpleton boxes then?! That sucks.. I suppose they ran out of buttons on those horrible controllers! ;)[:

I said headshots were hard didnt I?! What I meant was, lucky.

If you manage to squeeze off a HS while simultaneously controlling that nasty little joystick up and down, up and down, then it is either a great degree of skill or no small amount of luck, or cheating! :lol:

I am a pc fanboy, and I have played it on the PS3 and Xbox, a game like that is just a much more enjoyable experience on pc platform

9. StuMc

Skill, my good man, skill... ;)

Really...it`s not that difficult. Granted it may be easier with a mouse, but it`s far less satisfying.

10. WEZ

more like 350-400 unless you built it in the past month!

and the better graphics are debatable, you're probably gaming on a much smaller screen than our tv's and i've played mw on pc and sure, the graphics are sharper, but that doesn't make them better, the whole enjoyment and atmosphere is cack on a pc as it's just not "as accessible" as a console imo, b'locks is/was a pc gamer but i'm sure he's expressed before why the ps3 is better all round for gaming.........

and a keyboard and a mouse to game, it's just wrong! ;)

11. WEZ

12. StuMc

I`m be surprised if he gets to play any of those games considering the amount of p*ssy he must get for having a `games room`...oh...wait... :lol:

13. Dennis10

Dennis10 Forum Member

I built the PC in the last 8 months, or rather amalgamated (love that word, never get to use it) some components I already had. Black edition CPU was 120, 4670 was about 90 when I bought it and I already had 2gig of the memory which was sh*t hot when I bought it about 4 yrs ago, still good now, found another 2gig 2nd hand on ebay, random find! - about 15! Brucey bonus!! ;) Last week I added a samsung spinpoint F3 1TB, which is a very fast hard drive in its class for only a 7200rpm drive.

Bobs your uncle, cheap, mid range gaming rig for not alot of poundage! :)

What does 'not as accessible on the pc' mean?!?! [:s]

It's a million miles better on the pc, especially graphically, the sharper images you see on the pc is because the PS3 gfx card puts a fuzzy sheen over almost all of the games, basically to cover up its' deficiencies.

I stand by my point - consoles are fantastic for racing games (forza is amazing) and footy games like pro evo and fifa, but first person shooters like COD are made for a mouse and keyboard - you get far more control, you can remap buttons to whatever you like, the list is endless!

A great example of dumbing down for console - Football managing sims like footy manager, champ manager etc, are complete crap on the console

14. Dennis10

Dennis10 Forum Member

That games room is immense! :lol:

I'd kill for some of those older consoles, SNES with mariokart and street fighter, wrestling on the N64, now those are some classic, great console games!

15. StuMc

You sooo need to get laid... [:[] :lol:

16. burk76

burk76 Forum Member

17. WEZ

18. andypaterson Forum Member

19. bigbeat

bigbeat Forum Member

20. Aphex Forum Junkie

Mine only cost 20 quid to buy so I think it evens out [:D]