My baby (V6 4Motion - Golf)

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Mokeylock, Dec 11, 2003.

1. Mokeylock New Member

Hi guys, i just joined the site and thought of posting some pics of my baby... like / dislike... let me know..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've made a few changes since taking these pics, i'll put them up as i take them. So, what do you think?
    Edited by: Mokeylock

2. madmonkey Forum Addict

It's not fair I tell you. [:^(] [:^(] [:^(] [:^(] [:^(]

3. Admin Guest

:thumbup:

Edited by: Dave

4. The castle Ben New Member

WOW! CAN I BE YOU?

5. Mikedav Forum Member

Mokeylock, nice! SNAP! ;)

Can you tell me about your induction kit? What is it / sounds like / price / gains? Very interested!

6. tetch New Member

quality mate you cant beat them imo

7. tetch New Member

im also interested

8. Mike 8v Forum Member

[:D] [:D] :thumbup: Lookin good

9. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

You cleaned up your engine bay nicely, oh wait, the car is almost brand new ;)

Looks spot on, not normally a fan of mk3/4s but this is v. nice :)
    Only things I can suggest is tidy up them speaker cables in the boot, see if anything can be done about those water bottles in the engine bay (chrome/alu covers, move them to the boot?) and mabie get some new clusters without the orange plastic. Oh and get shorter parcel shelf straps so the shelf lifts up when the boots open [:D]
    Edited by: rubjonny

10. b'locks Forum Addict

very nice Mokeylock :)

what do mk4 v6's sound like? are they narrow angle like a vr6 or are they like a regular v6?

11. Mikedav Forum Member

They are narrow angle VR6s again yeah - still called the VR6 in the States. 6cyl but one head, 24v not 12v. Click my sig, thats an R32 but they sound damn near identical according to R32 owners Ive taken out in mine.

PS regards the bottles in the engine bay question, Ive seen USA cars using the Audi A3 plastic inserts to cover up all that crap. Probably I nice cheap mod, might have a look myself

12. vealige Forum Member

The induction kit is a Pipercross Viper. 250 and is generally regarded as the best on the market for non jap cars. Sounds are lowd and deep! Pipercross claim up to 10BHP+ gains on a VTS saxo so would be interesting to know what they make on a V6 4Motion.

Some people will save 100 and go for the BMC one but the PiperX one looks so much better as well. :)

13. Mokeylock New Member

About the air filter, what vealige said is pretty much everything but just to add a few notes..

its a ram air induction, so the air is not only sucked in but also pushed in... i've got the hose extending down to the lower front right grill (if that makes sense). On the motorway i can really notice the difference of having this airfilter, in city driving it's more the sound (when u want it) and the way it looks underneath the hood...

If anyone is thinking of getting it (or any aftermarket filter)... take it easy with the oil they give you to spray on the filter.. i over did it once (and under did it on another occasion) which means that now i'm running on my 3rd MAF in just a year [:^(]. I just read on a site how to clean MAF sensors/meters so i'm gonna try that on the old ones and see if that was the only thing wrong with them..

Cheers guys for all the comments and advise.. by the way, i was wondering.. is this site based in the UK?... are most members here in the UK ??

14. Mokeylock New Member

I forgot to mention, there's a Big Bore pipe right after the air filter and MAF sensor... dont confuse it with the Pipercross Induction (air filter)

15. dubleon Forum Member

Its mostly UK peeps here but theres some people from other countries on here [:D] Very nice 4motion BTW :) ,not too sure about the wood dash insert and the gearnob tho,get the r32 bits :p !

16. Mokeylock New Member

I like the R32 dials... i was thinking of changing the original wood but to tell you the truth it grew onto me so i decided to leave it on till i find something i like better... its got a high quality feel to it, photo doesn't really do it justice. The tint also darkens the inside quite a lot so they dont normally look so bright.
    Edited by: Mokeylock

17. superflygti Forum Member

That is an absolute beauty!!

18. Mokeylock New Member

Thanx man

19. MK3_GPP Forum Member

Very Nice :clap:

20. birchie90 Forum Member

Mate your car is Luv-er-lly, I want one!!!!