My Bora

Discussion in 'Jetta/Vento/Bora' started by stevebora, Oct 16, 2006.

1. stevebora New Member

Hi, this is my first post on here, I have a 2002 Bora sport 1.8T. I have had a Revo remap, Miltek DV and K&N panel filter. Also loads of Ice goodies - Kenwood dvd screen etc.
    Just wondering if there is anything I should be aware of about the car. Also what other mods do you recommend and how can I tell if it has variable valve timing or not?

Cheers,
    Steve:)

2. Seraph Banned

welcome steve

What sort of mods you looking for-power?handling?looks?

An affordable and appropriate mod might be a performance exhaust- something like a miltek or jetex.

It sounds like you'd benefit greatly from some susp. mods. Uprated springs/shocks coupled with a rear arb will transform the car.

Iirc, all 20vt after 2000 were vvt.

3. stevebora New Member

Thanks for the reply, As it happens the car is booked in to have a Miltek cat back system fitted on Thursday. I was thinking about the suspension I reckon it does need stiffning up a bit. I want to keep the mods subtle (so wifey doesnt know about them). What do you think about a front mounted intercooler, will it make much difference, if so how much would it cost?

Steve

4. Seraph Banned

Quite a good mod for the induction side of things and will def make a difference.

Various means. Some stick a 150pd item in, but its alot of extra work, as it just wasnt designed for anything but the 150.

Alternatively, splash out on a nice new fmic from somewhere like Allard, but expect to be relieved of something like 600.