My exhaust is dead

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by Adder, Oct 22, 2023.

1. Adder New Member

Afternoon folks,

im very ,very late to the party so thankyou for your patience in advance so , the exhaust is standard and knackered ( your ahead of me already arn’t you ? ) I have a chap who will fabricate me a nice stainless jobbie but the question is resonated or not ? Also no engine warning light means I could loose the cat ? He won’t be able to make a four branch but should I bother ? If so, any recommendations/ manufacturers would be appreciated

regards

Adder

Last edited: Oct 23, 2023
  2. valvemiester

valvemiester Paid Member Paid Member

I wouldn't worry about a 4 branch just have the stainless one fitted from the rear of the downpipe if its a gti 8v or 16v

3. Adder New Member

Great , thanks for your reply :thumbup:

4. watercooled Forum Member

The cast iron exhaust manifolds are ok enough ,atleast one resonator will be needed after exhaust manifold to avoid drone around 2.5 k , your exhaust guy should really know that based on what you have now ,the rear muffler before the 'back box" must be a decent size to prevent drone as with your resonator.
    IMO if you don't follow the above you will have drone and trust me from experience you will be pissed off with it in a short time ,other are welcome to comment but this is my own experience ,cheers.

5. Adder New Member

Thanks for you info , it’s much appreciated