My mk2 16v, OZ splits. Now going very much OEM!

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Dan W, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

only a few ropey phone pics at the mo, will get some better ones up soon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking...

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  2. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member

welcome to the forum! btw

the paint looks tasty! has it had a full respray??
    only thing iam not keen on is the hatch and the headlight eyebrow
    but thats just my opinion, lovey car mind!
    nice one

3. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

yeah it was sprayed a few years back in an audi colour when flushing the tailgate was the fashion, probably wouldn't flush the boot myself now but it's how I bought it, looks really good in the flesh though, done a real nice job of the paint, only paid 800 about 5 years back for it, was only a rolling shell mind. I might sometime in the future go back to a normal albeit narrowed recessed tailgate.

4. G60. Forum Member

looks nice, keep the flushed taigate and be different to the norm. Though if it was mine i would change the crystal m3 rear lights to normal m3 rear lights

5. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

yeah the lights are a bit too blingy, at the moment though I just want it on the road, been a work in progress for about 3 years, just the last few jobs to do. Is that yours in the pics? looks very nice.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  6. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

lovely looking car, I had the boot done on my mk2 and then went off it. I like it on yours though suits it. Def keep M3 style rears though, 16 tints wouldn't look right with that colour i don't think??

engine looks tasty, whats the spec

7. TurbTech Forum Junkie

Quite like this. Cars like this alway get varying opinions which can sometimes be a good thing as its a little bit diffferet to the norm. Like the rear end, lights go with the paint scheme and the shape of the exhaust helps excentuate the rear end along with the tailgate.

I do think 4 lamp grilles look better with badges though :thumbup:

8. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

quick question, is the cambelt cover essential? see quite a few peops on here without them on?

9. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

thanks for the comments:thumbup: , the rear looks better in real life, really low and wide helped by the fact that the wheels are a bmw offset and spaced by another 10mm at the back, as for the engine it's pretty standard just a stainless 4 branch and exhaust, 50mm inlet manifold and k&n panel filter, was dyno'd at 145bhp completely standard so i'm not sure what it is with the mods now hopfully around 165bhp but i'll get it measured when running.

As for cambelt covers, mine's only missing 'cause the original was shagged, i'm sure this is the reason for most being missing, you'd have to be very unlucky to have something catch the belt and cause damage, I seen more cars come into my garage wtih cambelt failure due to poor fitting or broken covers than cars running with none at all

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  10. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

i'm really toying going to a single lamp all black grill, keeping it badged and no eyebrow spoiler, it looks a bit too narrow from the front with twin lamps although I like the fact that its a bit different being badgeless.

11. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member

i was watching wheeler dealers the other day on youtube... yea i know!... lol
    and he replaced his on a 205 gti cos he said it was dangerous and that it was a vital part spin round, probs better safe than sorry!:)

12. ihaveajetta Forum Member

lovely car!! nice n different yet still cool!!

on the cambelt cover note, i thought they were just there for safety to stop people getting mangled in, more so than things damaging the cambelt

13. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

I've put on a couple of better pics as the current ones are off my phone (dont buy an iphone for its camera its a bit pants) they show off the shine and colour a lot better, looked a bit dull and boring under the garage lights but it really gleams in the sun,
    thanks again for looking:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

[8D]

Hurry up and get back on the road, we'll get a few photo's of our cars together.

15. AndyRhino

AndyRhino Forum Junkie

i really like the front of that, iv always prefered the 4 lamp grille, i had the 4 lamp with eyebrow on my gti. the car looks well clean.

u didnt happen to buy those wheels off ebay a coupla years back by any chance did you? i sold a set of those!! haha!

16. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

the wheels came from a guy local to me in cornwall, do you have any info on them as i dont even know what they're called? if you dont mind me asking, what did they sell for as i paid 300 for mine but they had never seen the road and are as new, they get a lot of comments and really suit the car - one of my fave mods. still undecided on the grill keep thinking of going to single lamp setup.

17. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

18. G60. Forum Member

300 quid for the wheels was a very good price, you did good

19. antinkariba

antinkariba Forum Member

I love the colour. Would look sooooo good on my Raddo!

The engine is also very very clean! Nice one!:thumbup: :thumbup:

20. AndyRhino

AndyRhino Forum Junkie

lol woops i sold mine for 50, i hated them (no offence) so i bought some bbs and put them on ebay, got an offer of 50 buy it now and took it, then the next day another 3 ppl offered with more money! DOH! i know theyre O.Zs but cant remember the name, i did find out a long time ago but forgot!

keep the 4 light grille as it is its hot.