My Mk3 Golf Gti 2.9 VR6

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by kami, Oct 11, 2009.

1. kami New Member

Excuse the randomness of the posts, I'm copying some of my into post on here to the galley section.
    Seeing as I'm showing you my pride and joy, I thought I'd better put it in the right section LOL

Hi peeps, with my Cabrio gone, and the money safely put in the bank for another project down the line, I've got myself a new toy to play with. I've been a fan of BWM's for a few years but this time I wanted something different, and this car came up at a great price, so this is what I got....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some of you's may recognise this car from the forum, so I'm afraid I can't take credit for this conversion , all this goes to the previous owners. It's been installed with a 2.9 VR6 corrado engine. The spec list makes some reading, I'll look through the paperwork and list it all up and I'll upload better pics later today. Looking at one of the graphs for the rolling road, it seems to be kicking out 210BHP. (it feels like it too :blink: )

Now I've just got the job of improving on the good work thats been done.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's some semi decent pics with my iphone. I picked up a new bonnet this morning, so hopefully getting it sprayed in the next week or so. I've also picked up a set of mk4 crystal headlights for free, whats the deal with these? are they easy to fit onto a mk3? the shape looks similar.
    I'm also gonna machine polish the rest of the car to bring the paint back up to a shine. My missus dad is going to show me how to do it [:D] So once all that's done, I'll get some good pics taken.

This car is a hoot to drive LOL :twisted:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got the new bonnet back on Friday night. Fitted it on Saturday
    Not a perfect job on it, but for what I paid, I can't complain too much (shout to Dave Dumpvalve for that,) he hooked me up with one of his mates to do the bonnet. There's one of two imperfections which some people might notice but I'm not caring. It was a hell of a lot cheaper than a spray job and a lot easier LOL The bonnet I got had one or two small chips which would obviously show through, but overall? pleased!
    I'll start saving for a real one now LOL

Here's some pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also....Thanks to Veedub (I dont think he's on here) for Pm'ing me about some goodies he had, me and the missus went to meet him this afternoon and got a new set of lights and also a badgeless grille (already in black - Result!!!!) I had one already but it saves me painting it.

Here's the pics but I'll get some better ones when I have my proper camera with me next time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shout out to Veedub for the bits, cheers mate!

Thanks for looking

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------