My mkIV Golf ~ UPDATES! *Small update - new pics* Pg6

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by jedi_stylie, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Seraph Banned

I'm speaking retrospectively really. He may not even be selling them now. Not seen anything recently.

2. golfjunky

golfjunky Forum Member

[​IMG]

bit of amsterdam for inspiration!!! [:o)] [:o)] [:o)]

3. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

really like the car mate, think the wheels are the best bit for me....
    dont believe you when you say the revo bit will be the 'final bit' somehow!!!

:lol:

4. jedi_stylie Forum Member

thanks for the kind comment mate.

i really really really really really REALLY hope your wrong! :lol:

and the snowboarding season is nearly here! so ill be spending all me cash on that!

Luke

5. leeroy8v Forum Member

when i first saw ur car with them wheels on i wasnt sure as i said but im lovin it now fair play m8 lookin lush i cant wait till after crimbo when i can start spendin some dosh on my new toy lol got to get rid of my 19" a8 alloys me thinks [:D]

6. jedi_stylie Forum Member

cheers dude,

ill look forward to seeing what new toys you come up with!
    Luke

7. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

i know they are expensive, but have you ever seen a MK4 with BBS CH's? by far my favorite wheel and they look amazing on MK4's imho.....

About 1500 a set though for 18's

:)

8. jedi_stylie Forum Member

i have seen a couple. but there is no way no how im ever going to spend that amount of money on wheels lol

first, my mrs would kick the **** out of me lol

Luke

9. jedi_stylie Forum Member

Brakes fitted!

its been a busy 2008 for my car so far!

first off was a service and MOT. this went very smoothly, no advisories or anything like that. it was due Sparkplugs, so i got them too. 170 all in.

then.. when i bought the golf, it only came with one key. so i thought it was time i got a second one, especially since the keyring loop was broken on mine and i was really paranoid about loosing it. this went well, the bloke who came round to do it was an old mate. he did it for 130. pretty good seeing as he couldnt get the immobiliser info out of the ECU so he had to take the dails cluster out and mess anout with the electrics [8-}] scary stuff!!

it was the day i got my new key i noticed that the paint was flaking off the arch!! OH NO! i didnt realise my back wheels were rubbing so much.

[​IMG]

so, today ive had the arch repaired. i took it to Chipsaway in Reading. Steve was excellent. i cant recomend him enough. he talked me through the process and explained the different quality finished i could have. anyway, i was a cheapscate and went for the cheapest, which luckily for me came out brilliant! 80 +vat

[​IMG]

so after picking it up, i went round my mate's house, Taphouse. where he fitted my brakes, FINALLY!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

first impressions arnt great.. i havnt really tested them as such, and i was going easy on the way home to bed em in.. i hope they get better, i cant really feel the difference at the mo.

i also raised the front end 5mm as ive been catching the arch recently and i dont want a repeat of the rear!

so... i suppose its time for the remap now... eccept im broke. and i wont be able to find any money before the 31st. which means ill miss out on the 30% off remaps at CustomCode. shame..

Luke

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  10. Seraph Banned

Nope, nowhere.

[​IMG]

Oops:lol:

11. jedi_stylie Forum Member

eeer, please dont post pics like that up on my build up thread! its making my car look pants lol

12. gillm

gillm ***** User

ch's rule :)

13. Azorenblau Forum Member

I'd say that Luke's wheels look better than the BBS shown above.
    Are they orig. VW alloys? They just look perfect on that car.

The artwork on the fuel flap... well, first I thought "Oh no, not the Iron Cross! How embarrassing!" But then it got all florally, and I'd say, fair enough. That was a near miss. [:|]
    Horses for courses, I guess.

14. Steeley New Member

Seraph, Those BBS Wheels look niiiiiice! I can feel my wallet twitching already! Where did u get em?

15. Seraph Banned

Shamelessly perhaps, that is not my car! Borrowed pic!

However, it would be no effort to find out where the wheels were bought from ?

16. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

mmmm check this...

[​IMG]

sorry for the thread hi-jack!!!!

[:$]

17. jedi_stylie Forum Member

Remapped!

Well, a bit of an update.

Last Saturday i woke up with the urge to spend some cash on the old motor! So.. as ive been working towards the remap, i headed 5 miles down the road to Storm Development. Luckily Andy had a few minutes to chat to me about the procedure of Custom Coding it, as he was obviously very busy! He's a top bloke and obviously knows what he's on about. So we booked her in for Tuesday.

Dropped her off on the way to work.

[​IMG]

Picked her up after work, 312 lighter and a big grin on my chops!

im pretty impressed tbh, Andy says that over the next 2 weeks it'll improve as it re-learns how to be at its optimum ect.

so its all good!

I also finally fitted some 15mm spacers to replace the 20's which were just too wide.

cheers,
    Luke

18. Tspec

Tspec Forum Member

bah, i payed 449 for a remap on mine [8(]
    felt like a different car after. did you get it on the rolling road? what bhp did you get if so?

enjoy it mate, im sure you will ;)

19. jedi_stylie Forum Member

lol, CC ares still doing the 30% off remaps, hence the price! it'd be rude not to take advantage

he didnt RR it yet. he said there is little point as the ecu is re-learning ect. he said youd get an accurate reading after a couple off weeks driving. he predicts 200bhp, which is a 33% increase... not bad really. and i havnt got any other engine mods appart from a drilled airbox. if i get a forge DV and airfilter he said id get 210ish.

we'll see in a few weeks!

20. Tspec

Tspec Forum Member

what is the engine code man? ive never heard of ecus re-learning. the day i got mine rempped it was RRed at 213bhp (with just a panel filter and a cold air feed into airbox) so 200 should be easy. i use the standard dv and it holds boost at 18psi no problem so decided against getting the forge DV. make sure you really need the forge dv before you buy as it might not be necessary.

does anyone else know what this ecu re-learning thing is about?