My New Golf GTI

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by Andy947, Aug 2, 2004.

1. hayesey Forum Junkie

looks like an absolute minter! :clap:

A good clean red mk2 will always look better than a slightly tatty black one IMO.

2. jjarvis Forum Junkie

Looks wicked, great car for a project. So whats your plan then?

3. AMY

Amy Forum Member

Mint [:D] nice one Andy :)

4. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

[:^(] [8(]

:lol:

5. hayesey Forum Junkie

oops! apart from ones with checkered bonnets of course.

6. Andy947 Forum Addict

Thats good to know, stuff like the brand new VAG tailgate are a real plus, hard to find a non rusty one.

It got braided hoses cos they were not much more than standards, and the grooved discs jus while he was there, was quite obvious he was keen on his golfs.

Jus discovered its a new bilstein suspension kit thats one it [:D]

Started a few mods today, fitted the rear strut brace and the chinky door handles and single wiper :p

7. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Looks mint and a perfect base for your project Andy. Must be happier than a pig in poo.

8. Gary Forum Member

The tailgate that used to be on it was the only bit wrong with the car, it had rotted under the vinyl around the glass. Cos the car originally belonged to my mates boss, who owns a bodyshop, it always looked after.

Tommy is right into his vw's hes also got a mk3 8v gti and a mk3 16v gti.

9. Higgim Forum Member

Looks a good buy and certainly in tidy condition. I suppose good ones are even harder to find up there!

I'd recommend giving the leather a good treatment and feed - you'd be surprised how well it'll come up then get it onto the Auction site and see the chavs go mad! :lol:

I think red GTIs really suit BBS RAs if you can find a good set. Have it looking standardish.

10. Andy947 Forum Addict

Yeah, saw his wifes Blue 8v, and his Red 16v - which is also for sale.

11. smithy Forum Member

Looking good mate :)

12. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

13. Dave J Forum Member

Very nice! :clap:
    The wheels look like OZ Mito's. I used to have a set on a red Golf cab, they really suited the car IMO.

14. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

nah, not keen on em wheels mate. you had them on G99PSA in 14"s didn't ye? i think it'd look much better if ye put the 8" wide powertech's back on :)

15. Andy947 Forum Addict

Nah darryn, those are different wheels, those came with the car and are 15's :p

I think they look alright, the refurb is good cos they look brand spankin new.

The powertechs will go back on once i have em fixed up, get the arch's rolled and cut and the G60 trim fitted :)

16. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

i'm failing to see what's different [:s]
    old wheels

17. smithy Forum Member

They are similar but the ones one his old white driver are Mille Miglia's and 14".

18. LLOYD Forum Member

pm me some pics of the leather and i may have it depending on the shape of the seats.