My new purchase mk3 golf love!

Discussion in 'Say 'hello' in here.' started by stuart182, Jan 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. stuart182 New Member

Hi all, names Stuart, I recently acquired a mk3 Golf Gti 8v for cheap. It was cheap because it hasnt really been maintained. But 60 quid later its back up to scratch. The reason I came to this forum is that it has the "Club GTI" Sticker on the back window so maybe someone might know it?

Im looking into info on the gearbox alignment -

With the engine off, it goes into all gears perfect, turn the engine on and it cant find 1st, but slide it into 3rd then it will go into 1st no problem, if i stop at lights im in the same boat, but if as I slow down I try first it goes straight in. People have told me the bushes have worn and need replacing so I've ordered the parts should hopefuly have it working perfect by monday =)

Heres some pics.

[​IMG][/URL]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for reading =)

2. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Hello Stuart. Welcome to the forum.

You may find the ball on the gear linkage has broken up. You can get replacements easily enough.

3. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

Sounds like the clutch is dragging

4. stuart182 New Member

Either way, I've just started looking into doing an engine conversion. Will be acquiring a Leon cupra with an AUQ as the donor car. Gonna make a list of parts and crack on!

5. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Hello and welcome to CGTI :-)

That looks very shiny for a Mk3 - no rust?

6. stuart182 New Member

There is rust, But the shell appears to be pretty solid. There is quite savage rust on both doors and a little on the boot lid =( All my plans have gone out the window with loosing my job =(

7. aminder

aminder CGTI Committee - Webmaster Staff Member Admin

Has the rust eaten through the metal or is it just surface? If it's surface you maybe able to recover those panels.

Sorry to hear about your job loss mate hopefully you'll be able to find something else soon