My Pirelli Gti Mk 5

Discussion in 'Mk5' started by mbwtrickbaby, Aug 25, 2014.

1. mbwtrickbaby New Member

doing 90 mph at 3200 revs in sixth my engine light came on, flashed yellow in colour , then went off after 4 or so flashes , it came 4 to 5 times in total always at this type of speed and revs,,, on a trip of about 150 miles,,,the car has previously had the head off, cylinders, valves cleaned and stripped, new gaskets, plugs, water pump, doesn't come on any other time,, any ideas would be great...

2. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

Get her plugged into Vag-com should be stored faults, go from there :thumbup:
    Coil packs & wiring to them give trouble (was a recall from volkswagen) Could be an oil pressure problem.

3. mbwtrickbaby New Member

Hi, the car was tested and I have been imformed that it was due to a lower grade unleaded fuel used,,, does this sound plausible...

4. MK5 Steve

MK5 Steve Forum Member

...........could be. You should be using 98ron rated fuell or above. See inside filler cap there is a sticker in there. Only ever use V Power in my ED30 (same engine).