My two & four wheeled companions...

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by collier, Oct 7, 2012.

1. collier New Member

Hey,
    Joined last week.so thought id bob some pics up of what im driving.
    Mk2 jetta gti 16v.bought this in 2004 & its been a bit of a resto the past couple years.but its pretty much finished now.
    we have schrick cams.8v box.quick shift.stainless exhaust.k&n.lowerd around 80mm on coilovers.drilled brakes with red stuff pads.borbet a's with crackle black centres's & gloss black lips. u.s spec electric recaro's.momo steering wheel.erm....think that's about it
    This was the start of the restoration...
    [​IMG]

And this is how it sits now...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then there's my bike.which i converted to supermoto form last winter.
    02 xr650r.powder coated frame/swing arm/forks in satin black.all new bearings top to bottom.polished yokes.08 crf450 rear end conversion.vegas gambler decals.bought from...you guessed it.las vegas. (best holiday ever!) excel rims with talon hubs. continental sm tyres. smaller renthal sprockets.big gun exhaust heat wrapped.k&n.bigger brake conversion.stripped out most of the loom.lost all the lights & indicators for daylight m.o.t. sticky blackbird seat.lowerd 30mm.think thats all with that.

Started out life looking like this...
    [​IMG]

to this...
    [​IMG]

then to this...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. benthejettaman Forum Member

oh im liking the jetta where did you find the recaro's for it?

3. Gup16v Forum Member

The Jetta looks sweet!!! But your bike is awesome, it must be a beast, ive only ever had small 'mess around' bikes but would love something like that one day. :)

4. collier New Member

The xr took about 4 months to do.Finding parts being the biggest hassle.Ive had a few different types bikes & supermoto's are the future.Most fun you can have on two wheels in my opinion. It'll beat anything in the twisties,but when you get to a straight.Your average sports bike will fly straight by,as it tops out at 94mph.

The jetta was family owned most of its life.I bought it from a mate in 2004.He bought it from his dad & his dad bought it from his brother.The original owners book had every optional extra box ticked,including recaro seats.So im guessing they were a factory fit.
    I did have a conversation with a guy at edition38 a few years back & he'd never seen another set of seats the same as his & he's had vw's forever.So there quite a rare thing (so im told)
    Ive got an interior pic on my pc somewhere....