Needs lowering, but what with?

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by harryc, Mar 6, 2010.

1. harryc Forum Member

Hi guys, took ownership of my 1995 vr6 yesterday and it needs lowering a tad to avoid confusion with local farming equipment.
    It may sound odd but im after comfort over handling but at a reduced ride height. Having spent much time and money setting up the golf to handle amazingly it never actually found its self on a track and i ended up with a spine shattering daily..
    With the vr the most important things for me are looks and comfort and an improvement in the handling would be a nice bonus.
    With that in mind what suspension setup would be best, matching springs and dampers, coilovers? Dont have a large budget so looking for an affordable option..
    Any ideas what would fit the criteria?

2. harryc Forum Member

Little pic of the new car with standard ride height;

[​IMG]

3. GRINGOG60 Forum Member

Have a look at the www.the-corrado.net there is a thread on there with about 15 pages of what people have on their car and how the ride quality is.

4. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Depends how low you want to go. If you want low, then coilovers. But The cheaper you go, the more the ride suffers.

5. chrismc Forum Junkie

Koni Eibach setup every time IMO- especially if you are on a budget;)

6. harryc Forum Member

Oh yeah, cheers just found the thread and had a good looooong read!
    KW V1's seem to be the benchmark but think they come in at just under 600 depending on where you get them from.
    Whats the koni ride comfort like? Spoke to a guy with adjustable konis on his vr6 and he said the ride was really harsh..

7. VDUBBER New Member

I have "fk konigsport coilovers" on mine also fitted powerflex bushes all round. and they are supperb handeling is much improved and the ride is sporty but comfy. Had them on for 3 years now and there still going strong.. hope this helps?

8. V6 Otto Forum Member

KW V1s are more than worth the money, not harsh under normal driving but superb when you need them to be!

had mine on my Corrado for 3 years, used in all weathers and all driving conditions and they still perform like day 1 and still look brand new and adjust the collar with a turn of the hand, something the other brands cant contend with!

9. harryc Forum Member

KW V1's would be ideal but i cant afford to spend 600 on suspension yet. I've heard good things about koni ta shocks, then id look to get some decent soft springs to go with them. Any experience with this setup?