new and need a little help.

Discussion in 'Engines' started by mitch@evolution, May 31, 2005.

1. mitch@evolution New Member

i have just purchased my olds mans golf mk2 8v gti from him, whihc we are doing up for thr track. really wanted a small pug or something but he wanted rid so though id help him out. Anyways we stripped the car today and its ready for the engine and exhausts to be played with just a little as the cars more for a bit of fun that being no1 track driver. I have noticed that it idles at under 1k and then bounes up to over 2 and it did this for quite some time, ive also noticed that the clutch is winy when pressed in and doesnt allways like the gears. im just asking for your guys advice on these issues as the car was mint 14 months ago when used but its been stood since and nothing has been done with it and now these problems are here. Normally i woud say the clutch is dead but it was fine when last used so though it might be something else.

one more question, do you know if it is possible to buy an adaptor for the air intake sensor to fit a performance air filter without having to buy a branded overpriced kit as i have massive stocks of filters.

thanks for your time

2. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

may be the idle stabilisation valve if been stood a bit m8,you can take them off and clean with petrol.

its a cylinder shaped thing that you should be able to feel buzzing with the ignition on. :)

as for the clutch it sounds like the release bearing may be noisy,easy to change by popping off the green endcap on the box which is best off being replaced with new.

worth changing the gearoil for redline mtl which is highly rated too.

neil. :)