New / Copy foam trim parts...

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by Zender Z20, Mar 5, 2023.

1. Zender Z20

Zender Z20 Paid Member Paid Member

This is a guy I've used a few times over the years.

Before others got in on the act he used to do copy data stickers to your specification, ie. a direct copy of the original or he could change / add codes to suit a car that'd for example an engine swap. They were top notch quality.

Anyhow, he appears to have branched out into doing some of the little foam bits that always seem to have crumbled or are missing.

I know some of what's shown can be got elsewhere now too but to my knowledge some others can't.

Check him out here, I last used him pre-brexit so can't say if like a lot of others he'll no longer send to the UK.

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-bestandsliste.html?userId=5421757

His english is excellent and communication wasn't an issue, I also found him 100% trust worthy but you'll have to judge things for yourself.

2. PhilRyder

PhilRyder Paid Member Paid Member

Nice, I wonder if he could do the parcel shelf buffers.

3. slateford Forum Member

I used to be able to contact sellers on eBayKleinanzeigen but recently I had to supply a phone number for them to send a code to use the website when my password needed changing. Unfortunately, the UK is not listed in their drop down box for dialing codes and their reply was:

"For telephone numbers outside the EU, there are only insufficient control options. We want to reduce the risk that these phone numbers can be obtained and used illegally. European Economic Area (EEA) countries such as Liechtenstein, Iceland and Norway can also go through phone number verification, as can numbers from Switzerland. :("

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
  4. Zender Z20

Zender Z20 Paid Member Paid Member

Have been starting to see what's needed for the MK1 recently and quite often when I get the sniff of something hard to find it leads back to German sellers.

It's heart breaking what's available (at sensible money too) that I can no longer reasonably get my hands on.

Because I'm in the market for old 1980's stuff, it's invariably private individuals selling it and they just have no interest in getting involved in customs paperwork / VAT etc.

The Z20 I'm building, I'd guess 90% of what was needed came from the Continent... just couldn't do it now.