NEW PRODUCTS FROM BBT, USRT Shifters, Wolfsburg Badges, Stock Items

Discussion in 'VW Heritage (formerly Big Boys Toys)' started by James V, Aug 21, 2009.

1. James V Forum Member

First up are these trick new shift linkage kits for all Mk1/2 020 gearbox cars...

USRT SmartShift

SmartShift is designed for drivers who want the precision and positive feel that only a spherical bearing linkage can deliver. These systems work with all Mk1, Mk2, "020" transmissions (i.e. non-cable actuated).

This design eliminates all of the old plastic stud/snap connectors which are replaced with spherical rod-ends. All rotating bushings are replaced with Delrin equivalents as is the relay shaft ball. The steel weighted section is professionally powder coated with a gorgeous finish.

[​IMG]

Upon installation, all slop is eliminated for a virtually indestructible shifter setup. It requires little if any maintenance and provides dead-on shifting with that oh-so-nice, "click-click" feel. USRT has produced what we know is the best kit available on the market anywhere. All components are rally-grade and far exceed the quality found in other kits. A short-shift component is under development, and will be with us shortly

[​IMG]

These are in stock now for both Mk1 and Mk2, and can be found here

Retailing at 139.95, the build quality is fantastic on these kits, and they are a sound replacement for the unreliable plastic items we've all had to cable tie on at some point or another.

If you can't stretch to the full kit, we also sell just the Delrin bushes on their own, at around 32.95.

Wolfsburg Edition Side Badges

Next up, we've got some Wolfsburg Edition Badges coming in over the next week,

[​IMG]

these need no explanation, we'll be getting a limited stock to start off with, so if you want to be sure of getting a set, then you can always pre-order them, so when they come in you'll be guaranteed a set. These are priced at 17.95 each.

Finally, we've expanded our range of stock parts to include:

Mk1 Series 2 OE Style Rear lights

[​IMG]

@ 29.99 each side

Gear shift repair kits (Mk2)

[​IMG]

@ 7.95

Typ 19 Mk2 (83-88) Headlamp switches

[​IMG]

@ 15.52

As well as a load more products which can be found here

Don't forget you can use your CGTi discount on any of these items, (details of which can be found in our forum section on here) and any orders online over 25 will be delivered FREE OF CHARGE! (see website for exact details)

Any questions, please feel free to drop me or Andy a line either via PM, or give us a call on the number below, hopefully see some of you at E38!

2. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

I don't know if this is the place to talk about it but quite a few guys on VWVortex have found issues with the USRT kit after a while, originally they work great then over time there's an issue with gears, 1 3 and 5 are easy but 2 and 4 are a paint to change to until they put all the standard stuff back, they also had an issue with the customer service directly from USRT when trying to ask them about this.

3. James V Forum Member

We haven't got round to fitting one of the USRT kits ourselves yet, but this is the first I've heard of any issues, in so far as customer service, Sean has always been nothing but helpful with us.

Personally I can't see why there would be an issue over time, as there are effectively no wearing parts, certainly not in comparison to the OE set-up, i'd imagine it's a matter of fine adjustment, much the same as it would be if you were to replace the complete original set-up.

Whatever parts you choose (or choose not) to fit, there will always be people who have problems with them, however if any of our customers have any issues with the USRT kits, we'll do all we possibly can to resolve the issues.

I hope this clears up any concerns, though in all honesty, it's probably best not to comment unless you've had 1st hand experience, as otherwise you're purely speculating on rumours.

Many Thanks,

James

4. JMB

JMB New Member

Have you got the Wolfsburg badges in stock yet James ?

Cheers
    John

5. NEO

neo Forum Member

Hello there can you advise if there have been an issues with these kits now you have probably had them on a few cars? thanks and yes i am looking to get one and possibly have it fitted by you guys too.

6. chrismc Forum Junkie

A high quality short shifter kit to eliminate the notchiness in a cheap mk2 setup is long overdue.

However, 139 for a kit which doesn't even reduce shift throw and has mixed reviews will be outside most folks budgets.....

Hard to justify the cost when replacement shift bushes and repair kits are cheaply available. Add a mk3 weighted rod, quickshift and some TSR spherical bearing linkage rods and you have an excellent gearshift setup for something less than 140 I'd wager;)

A little food for thought perhaps?:)

7. NEO

neo Forum Member

I take it you are not too sure then?

8. James V Forum Member

@Neo, we have had no negative feedback ourselves on these, the fitting instructions are pretty comprehensive, and we ourselves do no offer a fitting service.

@Chrismc, I guess it's the usual story, you pay your money, you take your choice, whilst I'm sure if you trawl around and buy bits from a few different sources you probably can get it cheaper, what we offer is a complete kit, in one package that has all been designed to work with it's individual componenents. Price wise we are also held to ransom by the exchange rates, which as I'm sure you're aware isn't fantastic at the moment!

Hope that helps a bit