new to the forum

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by 20vtmk3, Jan 20, 2007.

1. 20vtmk3 New Member

Hi guys, My name is tony, I live in caernarfon north wales.Ive never been on the forum before but would like some advise so here goes. Im in the middle of doing a mk3 20vt conversion, the engine is a AUM with the KO3s turbo, also using the gearbox, the car is running a DTA engine managment and has a huge allard front mount intercooler,k@n filter and bailey dump valve. I have been told when the car has been fully mapped it should make about 240bhp. My mate who has his own garage is doing most of the work for me, we have got round most problems but im stuck on which throtle cable to use, the throtle body is on the drivers side. Ideally i need a mk3 gti throtle cable that has grown a few inches. Any help would be exellent. A few other things i have done to the car include de badged and de wipered boot, bad boy bonnet (done propely), mk4 headlamps, m3 rears, clear indicators, de badged grill, de locked handles, supersport coilovers, magnex back box and ive just got hold of a recaro cloth intirior that should be going in soon. The car is a 1992 2.0 gti in dusty mouve. I also have a little 1.0 polo as a runaround car. Thanks for any help you might be able to give. I will put pictures up as soon as i know how, not very good on these computers. Tony

2. bula_82 Forum Junkie

Hi Tony, welcome :thumbup:

Erm, cant help you on the cable front im afraid, but when you have loaded your pics onto the PC, use Photobucket to load them onto, then copy the 'IMG' from under the pic and paste it on here :)

3. 20vtmk3 New Member

Thanks for mate, dunno if ive done it right but this is what i got. [​IMG]

4. bula_82 Forum Junkie

Hmmm, no....

If you cant work it out, i'll PM you my email address and host them for you if you want?

You should get something looks like

[​IMG] but without the -'s

It'll then show the pic rather than link :thumbup:

5. 20vtmk3 New Member

[​IMG] Hi mate, second go. I phoned my mate first this time so if it doesnt work this time hes to blame.

6. bula_82 Forum Junkie

:thumbup: Looks like your mate is better at IT then you :lol: ;)

Any more pics? [:D]

7. 20vtmk3 New Member

Ive got a couple more pics but ill have to take some recent ones. Ive also put in a pic of my little polo runaround. Ive had the inlet manifold polished on the golf since these pics and a few other changes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. bula_82 Forum Junkie

TBH, im not very technical but im looking forward to hearing more about them [:D] have you done / doing anything to the polo?

9. 20vtmk3 New Member

I havent done much to the polo just alloys, clear lights and a steering wheel, it was suppose to be for the missus after i had finished my car but my car has been off the road for nearly three years so far so ive still got it. Never tell your mate that your in no rush for your car back.

10. bula_82 Forum Junkie

:lol: :lol:

3yrs [8(] i'd be lost without my car for 3 weeks let alone years!!!

11. melinamotor Forum Member

You have a Sinclair C5 in the garage :p

Not seen one of them in years, we owned two of them years ago, great fun on the back lanes home from the pub:o

12. 20vtmk3 New Member

The c5 isnt mine, my mate was doing it up for someone. I was suprised to see that you can still buy bits for them on ebay. They must have been great fun to have especially two of them.