New Year, new camera...

Discussion in 'Photography - general' started by StuMc, Jan 3, 2009.

1. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Here`s a few pics I took today. They`re the first proper ones with my new 450D, taken in a park near where I live.

Perhaps going out at 4pm wasn`t the best idea, since the light faded very quickly, but i think they turned out not too bad (a bit of PS was required...;) )

I`ll be going back when the light is better for some better pics. There`s plenty of scope for some good macros too.

Enjoy...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Nice photographs :) And yes, the light does disappear very quickly at this end of the year. Most annoying when you want to take photographs.

I like the end of the building. Was it floodlit, or do you have the most powerful flashgun in the whole world? :lol:

3. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

I was thinking that - do you have a motorway maintenance spotlamp rigged up to your camera or something??? how's the camera? what did you have before??

4. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Cheers guys! :thumbup:

No, I didn`t have a spotlight...:lol:

It`s amazing how much detail is actual picked up despite a lack of light. Just needs a spot of PS to bring it out;

Without flash...

[​IMG]

With flash...

[​IMG]

After PS-ing. Slight tweak of curves and brightness/contrast.

[​IMG]

The second and third pics have had the same treatment.

The camera is ace. I`m loving it.

Can`t wait to get out to some trackdays/motorsport events to get some good action shots. Should also see plenty of action during the show season too.

I had/have a Fuji S5500, that whilst good in certain conditions, just isn`t a patch on the Canon.

5. stella

stella Forum Junkie

So - not just a good photographer, but a PS wizard as well?

Some good work there, Stu - looking forward to seeing your action shots.

(Meantime, I think I'll just slope off quietly into a corner and knit socks, or something. Far too many good photographers on CGTI nowadays! ;) )

6. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

one idea I had for the Jan comp of light and dark or what ever it is, was a siloette of my kitty on the windowsill when she sits in the sun. Trying to get her up there was amusing, il post the pics 2moro as I won't be using them for the entry now anyway

7. bigbeat

bigbeat Forum Member

Good photos. I've got the same camera more or less Canon 400d. Been great for motorsport days especially the multi shot function