NIGHTMARE... cant get into my Corrado

Discussion in 'Security' started by corrado16v, Aug 18, 2014.

1. corrado16v

corrado16v New Member

So heres the deal....

I walked up to the car and pulled on the drivers side lever only to find it would not open.... after going round to the passenger side leaning over and opening the drivers side from the inside I could then get in the car.

so on inspection when i took the handle off the car i find a broken piece of metal... but it does not appear to be off the handle... it must be off the linkage in the door im guessing?

So i have planned to go to v-dub island over the weekend so no time to fix beforehand, so getting in from passenger side will have to do.

my boot also opens as and when it wants... weather u use the key or push the button or from central locking it has a mind of its own.

So off to v dub island we go.....

pulled up to get something to eat and went to get a parking ticket came back..... and guess what the exact same thing happened to the passenger side..... cant get into the car.... and to top it off the boot has decided to not open also... http://www.clubgti.com/images/smilies/smiley7.gif

as you can imagine stress level is rising and anger setting in... GRRRRRR

eventually after 15 mins or so i mange to get into the boot and open thecar from there... rest of the weekend and up until know im having to either leave a window open and or the car unlocked as if the boot decides to not open im screwed...

any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks in advance...

Adam

2. Ben_s Forum Member

My drivers door handle gave up on saturday. It snapped internally in a way that meant that the key would just turn in the lock without triggering the central locking. Not a huge problem but the passenger side has never unlocked with the key so I was stuck outside for a while lol. Managed to get the drivers door open and swapped the handle for a spare I had at home and it was all good. Excpet the pasenger side, which doesn't unlock or open. Probably gonna have to cut the door card off to get it open lol.

Aaaanyway...

provided you can still open the doors from the inside then it shouldn't be too hard to sort out.

Does the lock work when you turn the key? What happens when you pull the lever to open the door? Does it feel stuck? or feel like there's no resistance?

3. corrado16v

corrado16v New Member

Thanks Ben...
    basically i have central locking and the doors lock and unlock fine... I took the door card off but couldnt see anything up there... there was a broken bit that i found in the bottom of the door. took the handle off and it looks fine.... think im gonna have to take another look when i have more time... from the outside when you pull the handle its just loose as if not connected.. I also have a spare handle which isnt broken either and its the same?

4. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member