No build plaque for Edition 35 owners

Discussion in 'Mk6' started by mat-mk3, Jun 16, 2013.

1. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

I e-mailed VW a few weeks ago about the Edition 35 build plaque like they did with the Edition 30.
    Example image:
    [​IMG]

They gave me a call the very next day and sadly there will not be a build plaque for the Edition 35. All they did for the E35 was a special keyring which I did get in the post not long after I bought the vehicle. However anyone can buy these on eBay so it's not really built for the vehicle. I don't even know if they numbered them when building:(
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GTI-35...ts_Vehicles_Automobila_ET&hash=item43bc47b0aa

2. Hurdy Forum Member

The Pirelli Edition was even rarer than the Edition 30 and that didn't get numbered plaques either.

The Edition 30 was originally sold on the back of it being a limited Edition of 1,500 cars in total. Then VW saw how popular it was and just kept on making them. There was initially a bit of a hoo-har over this as early adopters paid full whack expecting a limited edition and then didn't get it and so tried getting a retrospect discount from VW citing the limited edition promise of 1,500 had been broken. Nothing was ever done about it apart from getting the plaques.

VW learnt its lesson and so this time didn't bother citing a limit and therefore I'm afraid no plaques.

3. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

this is just a thought why dont you start a register of Edition 35's
    start a thread on hear or even add a section
    you could find out the range of the vin numbers for the e35 from that you can work out the number of each car

if you get enough e35 owners you could petition vw to get them
    if you dont get anywhere you could get plaques made
    you could add cgti register at the bottom with web link to your thread charge 35 for them
    money could go to the club if you went with the cgti bit
    or you could do on you own then it's up to you what you do with the cash

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013