No idle no idea :(

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by Bazboy, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Bazboy Forum Member

Hey people.

My abf on kjet refuses to idle when cold, i have tried a replacement icv as the previous one did nothing and this clicks but doesnt buzz.

Is there a chance this could be the icv control unit under the dash.... how can i test this?

Im running out of ideaa :(

Thanks in advance.

Dan.

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

3. Bazboy Forum Member

Cheers for that, ivs checked the icv earth on the back if the rocker cover and the temp gauge on the back of the head and all is good there, ive also checked the all the vacuum hoses going into the valve behind the metering head, its name eludes me.

All that is left to check now is the throttle body, if thats find i guess its got to be the relay.

Timing is all spot on, but that wouldnt stop the icv from working would it?

4. rubjonny

have a look at the black wire to the control box, this should have ignition live. might just be a blown fuse :)

5. Bazboy Forum Member

Is it an inline fuse or will i need to trace the black wire into the fuse box?

6. rubjonny

it'll be on the fusebox, #18 for a CE1 fusebox. on ce2 its unfused but this depends if its all as per factory and not been messed with :)

7. Bazboy Forum Member

Fuse was fine, replaced the relay with an audi one and all works now, cheers for the help. Only issue now is it idles too high and the screw is as far in as it will go, time to do some reading up.